My first Turbine

Animale

Registered
Hi everyone, I am starting to choose the parts to assemble a turbo kit for a 2003 gen 1 hayabusa, and I would like to choose the most suitable turbine.
I have seen that the most used turbines are the garrett gt28, gt30 and gt35, some even used the gt40.
I wanted to ask at what rotational regime each of them engages and at what regime it runs out.
Thanks in advance to all guys, I really appreciate it. Sorry if some of my questions seem silly to the more experienced, but I'm at the beginning and I need to learn. Thanks again

Hi everyone, I am starting to choose the parts to assemble a turbo kit for a 2003 gen 1 hayabusa, and I would like to choose the most suitable turbine.
I have seen that the most used turbines are the garrett gt28, gt30 and gt35, some even used the gt40.
I wanted to ask at what rotational regime each of them engages and at what regime it runs out.
Thanks in advance to all guys, I really appreciate it. Sorry if some of my questions seem silly to the more experienced, but I'm at the beginning and I need to learn. Thanks again
Hi. I will be using the Garrett G42-1200c. I think it will come at about 5000 to 6000 RPM I also have 10 to 1 pistons not 8.5 or 9 to1 boost with VP M1 will be about 60 lbs. The bike will be for LSR Racing and my street bike.

Wow, the g42 ??? It is the first time I hear someone riding it on a hayabusa, I thought the gt40 was already exaggerated, the g42 has an output up to 1200 horsepower. Have you already done a tipoc with your bike? I can't wait to follow your project, it will be a monster of power.
I didn't think the hayabusa engine could even propel a G42

GT4088 Here
the way RCC combines the head pipes the freaking thing builds boost earlier than I thought
Starts building low as 4-4,500 and I have only gone to 28 PSI but that was all in by 6,750 from what I could watch,,,,,,,,,I was watching the road first priority

Wow, the g42 ??? It is the first time I hear someone riding it on a hayabusa, I thought the gt40 was already exaggerated, the g42 has an output up to 1200 horsepower. Have you already done a tipoc with your bike? I can't wait to follow your project, it will be a monster of power.
Hi.The turbo is at DME they are building a custom Inconel header for it as I speak. Not cheap at all. Then off to Eric at DAS to do the cold side. I think this is the 1st Garrett G 42-1200c to be used on a bike. I am looking for 750 to 1000 HP. If I can not get 750 HP to the ground I can all way turn it down .

Here's the thread on his build, we are all watching waiting for the day it's done. Thread 'My Very Slow Build' My Very Slow Build | General Bike Related Topics

So lets back this up and get back on track
not what has been done,,,,,
What are your plans for the bike?

Last edited:
it's the first time I've tried to build a turbo kit on a motorcycle, unfortunately, not being able to spend a lot, I have to settle for what I can do on my own.
The first thing I would like to choose the turbine to use, I would like to proceed step by step, as I earn some money I buy pieces to add.
At the end of it all I'd like to see 500 wheel-horsepower on the bench, it's my little dream ...
I thought about a Garrett GT35 turbine, has anyone used it? How does it behave on the vehicle?
If you have other turbines to recommend I really appreciate any kind of advice and suggestions, thanks in advance guys

Back