My first sport bike burnout...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, not action pics because I didn't have anyone there to take shots while I done the burnout. Wish someone had been there... Oh well, I'm proud of my first busa burnout anyway! I've burned up many tires on Stangs and Trans Ams but never on a bike. It's even more fun on the busa!!! :super:

First, the mess I made... in my garage. :eek:

first_busa_burnout.jpg

Thats, funny man.

I did my first little Busa burnout leaving for a ride. The wife wanted to see one...who am I to argue...Right there in the garage after she had warmed up real good...The bike, not the wife. Cold tires on smooth concrete works pretty well...

Mine was after my ride, while the tires were still warm. That strip down the middle got extremely hot and unbelieveably sticky! These tires definitely ain't made outta the same stuff as regular car tires. More like drag slicks when they're hot! :eek:

But------WHY?:super:?? $$$$ on the garage floor and time to clean.........:(

I do plan to run my bike at the drag strip eventually. I figured it'd be better to know that I could clean and warm the tire when the time came without looking like a dork at the track. It'd be really embarrassing to try to clean the tire at the track and not be able to do it smoothly in front of that big crowd. I don't figure I'll ever do it again outside of the track but I enjoyed this one. :tounge:

But------WHY?:super:?? $$$$ on the garage floor and time to clean.........:(
It was outta my hands. The Bike was just marking it's territory... :) Sometimes you do things just for the hell of it right? Well I cannot do them in the street in front of my house, so I figured I would rather put a spot in my garage than in the driveway. Besides it was pretty neat having all that tire smoke come boiling outta the garage...Kinda funny anyway.

Just being a kid....

You know it does look like a 3D rendering of something. Maybe a Rorschach!!!!!

Boys and their toys! That's funny...glad to see you're enjoying yourself Chris! You can barely hide the smirk on your face...pure enjoyment!

And no point in cleaning the garage floor...how would you show the guys what you did?!

:D

Boys and their toys!  That's funny...glad to see you're enjoying yourself Chris!  You can barely hide the smirk on your face...pure enjoyment!

And no point in cleaning the garage floor...how would you show the guys what you did?!

:D
Yeah, I'm thinking about putting a clear sealant down over it to preserve it.

Oh, as for the smirk. I bet the other guys who post photos of themselves would have a smile on their face if they took the photos just after doing some sort of guy thing like this. Hell, if I'm within sight of my busa I'm grinnin' ear to ear! In fact, I was holdin' back in that photo to keep from looking like a big grinnin' idiot.

And yes, I'm enjoying myself immensely. Haven't had a toy that was this much fun since... well, I've never had a toy this fun!!! Woooohooooo! :super:

Cool burnout. I like the idea of sealing it for history.

Hey Michelle, did you sell your Harley yet? Can''t wait for you to get your new friend. Oh, I can just see tons of husband stories once you get your Busa.

Paul

Cool burnout.  I like the idea of sealing it for history.

Hey Michelle, did you sell your Harley yet?  Can''t wait for you to get your new friend.  Oh, I can just see tons of husband stories once you get your Busa.

Paul
Sealing it is a great idea Chris! I think you should :D

Paul -

Haven't sold the Harley yet; truth be told, I haven't had time to really try, and I don't really want to post it in Cycle Trader like the hubby keeps asking me to.

I was sort of hoping we'd go ahead and just buy the Busa next week, sell the Harley whenever, but the hubby seems to have changed his mind on that and insists I sell my bike first...guess I'll be calling Cycle Trader afterall...

I swear, I barely have time to ride what I've got, so I'm almost embarrassed to go buy something else to just have it sit...my hope is that once I get the Busa, I'll make time! :)

I am sooo looking forward to sharing all of my "left the hubby crying" stories when we ride together! Don't worry, I'll share!

Michelle,

My Road King just sat (still does) unless someone wanted a ride or a group was going. It's just not that much fun for me to ride alone. Now the Hayabusa is completly different. Around noon each day I start to think about riding her. I have a practice course that I ride each day to work on skills like corners and leaning.

Beleave me, it won't just sit.

Paul

Back