My First GoPro Clip... Riding around my town.

Kiwi Rider

Registered
This is my first attempt at GoPro footage...
any hints or ideas is appreciated, yeah I'm new at this.
Anyway, you can see the town I live in and at the end I pull in to my driveway.
How do I get rid of the wind noise??

Try some stick on thin foam , cut strips and cover over the housing slots , the clear housing , with the rear viewing screen open cover fitted . Because you have it on your lid , it might be harder to keep the wind noise down Kiwi Rider .

I would try not mounting the camera to your helmet. I've never had wind noise and I always have mounted on the bike. Could be the loud exhaust I have. I've put the cam on the side fairing and still no serious wind noise even with the open hole back. Try a TechMount steering stem mount. DO NOT leave it IN the sterring stem for more than a few hours. It may stick and need to be pounded out from below with a dowel and the front wheel/fender removed. GoPro also has a remote mic you can place anywhere on the bike.

Generally, I find helmet cams annoying to watch because they often are looking downward too much and I'm bending my neck back trying to look higher. Good for catching different views if the action is all around though. If it's just you riding, I see no purpose for a helmet cam.

It will probably adjust just fine even if you shoot through a dark smoke windscreen. Mine is an older one and even it does.

Adjust the aspect to a wider angle and use software to crop. There should be pleanty of resolution to crop in with the newer cams.

Damn that HD is all I see now. My old GoPrp Hero is a relic. All I got though. It gets the job done.

Cutting and editing the best short clips makes a tremendous difference in how long someone can watch a movie. Takes time and most don't do it but I rarely watch a whole film if it wasn't edited. LOL better be something really good in there or I'll spend my 3 minutes somewhere else!

I mount mine on my helmet where my mouth is. Using velcro straps to put it on. Looks where I look, can still read the speedo and no noise.

Personally, I like the occassional shakes of the rubber suction cup mount. Sticks well and ads action to the clip if you ask me. A lot of people say they don't like the shakey footage but it is only an occasional rattle. After several years, mine does not seem to stick as well to smaller radius contours on the fairings like the nose....hook up a lanyard or buy a new suction cup mount!

Thanks for the input people.
I'm gonna try mounting on the bike next, I like the right side lower fairing mount position to see the front wheel and forks working.
Also the rear view with the rear wheel/suspension in view and seeing the amount of swing arm movement like the MotoGp bikes!
Dunno about having the speedo in view... cops would love that lol.

One thing to note is that where you mount the camera has a lot of impact on how fast you appear to be going or the lean angle. Mount the camera low and there will be no lean. Also low mounting seems to feel like you are going slower.

Mythos, you won't get wind noise typically at 25-30 Mph. Lol! See what I did there!

I tried everything bro,and the only thing that worked for me was an external speaker(mounted it down behind the rear master cylinder so I could better hear my pipe:laugh:).Bought a cheap one off of E-Bay for around $18 and had to Dremel out an opening in the case to plug it in,cord is approx. 4' long and keep it tucked under the seat 'til I'm ready to use it).Side mounted on the helmet worked best for me,tried it on the front/rear fairings and on a mirror mount but still got vibration(Hero 4 Silver).Pay no mind to me bouncing off the rev limiter(down right embarrassing :laugh:),this was back before I had the ECU flashed[raised the rpm limit by 500],dyno tune,air shifter,etc...don't do it anymore :laugh:).

This guy cracks me up!

Last edited:
Dunno about having the speedo in view... cops would love that lol.
If they stop you for speeding while you have the camera running, it could be a problem. There's nothing illegal about having videos of OTHER people speeding on a busa though. I have a ton of them. Like the one below!

Nice video piratediver. The sound is great.

Mythos, you won't get wind noise typically at 25-30 Mph. Lol! See what I did there!

No I don't have a problem with wind noise because I only ride the speed limit.:laugh:

This guy here must have a pretty good setup though.

and this other guy has no wind noise at all all the way up to 180.

The crazy mofo has some wind noise at the end of this one but I can still hear the exhaust up to 160, no problem.. I think it's that dang loud Tsukigi he has. The GoPro probably has a preset max volume it will record at so if you have something really loud, it downplays the less loud. The problem with wind noise and a quieter exhaust would be another example but there, the wind noise is winning out so the exhaust gets downplayed.
Simply put, whatever is loudest is what the GoPro will hear the best.

Last edited:
Back