Why Is My Video Wavy?

04LE

Registered
I was testing out the ram stem mount with that x grip on my older galaxy s4. when i viewed the video it gets all wavy at higher RPMs. Never see the goPros do this. Is it just my phone or did I do something wrong mounting it?

If you are experiencing this wavy or distorted footage when using your phone during an activity where there is a large amount of vibration, it is most likely that a vibration is being emitted which is actually reaching the camera's sensor and causing the waviness. Depending on where and how you have your camera placed, there are a number of things you can do.

For example, when placed on a roll bar, add a strip of rubber (i.e. from a bike inner tube) to dampen the vibration. With the curved or flat adhesives, if you have more of the 3M VHB 4991 tape you can double it up for more dampening. Please try moving the camera to a different location if the above tips do not help. Sometimes all it takes is relocating the camera by as little as a few inches to provide for improved image quality. The vibration intensity will vary depending on the location of the camera.

what he said, stem mounts are not good for camera video. Windshield mounts are bad also.

My tank mount

yea guess Ill try the rubber to help out. Not too worried if the camera doesnt work. I really just wanted it to help with Navi at times. Camera was just a plus when I wasnt using that. Thanks for the help guys!

Back