My first dyno reading

rtvegas

Registered
Hello All..
Just thought I would share my first dyno readings with the board. I wanted to know whether these numbers are relatively close to what others have recorded.

The Analyst that ran the dyno stated to consider being at 2000ft above sea level and 90degree weather would understate the numbers.. Anyway.. here it is..
Thanks.. Ray   (aka rtvegas)

<center>
raysdyno.jpg

P6070017.jpg

</center>

had my stock 03 dyno'ed for the first time couple weeks ago, no clue how accurate it was but the guy had a nice big truck, clean equipment, and seemed to know how to run it. pulled a 150 hp and I think a 90-92ish on TQ. All I know is my Hayabusa is very, very fast
smile.gif

I wanted to get a baseline dyno when the bike is totally stock.. Later on, I do plan on adding a few modifications..

Nothing too major..
pcIII usb and a full exhaust.

They showed me dynos from Busas with power commanders and different brands of exhaust. The vendor recommends going with a full micron pipe.. (pciii plus pipe added approx 10-11 bhp and 6 ft/lbs torque)

I don't plan on doing this right away.. It's just good to have the stock reading for my records.

I wanted to get a baseline dyno when the bike is totally stock.. Later on, I do plan on adding a few modifications..

Nothing too major..

They showed me dynos from Busas with power commanders and different brands of exhaust. The vendor recommends going with a full micron pipe.. (pciii plus pipe added approx 10-11 bhp and 6 ft/lbs torque)

I don't plan on doing this right away.. It's just good to have the stock reading for my records.
Where did you have the dyno done at?

I wanted to get a baseline dyno when the bike is totally stock..  Later on, I do plan on adding a few modifications..

Nothing too major..

They showed me dynos from Busas with power commanders and different brands of exhaust. The vendor recommends going with a full micron pipe..  (pciii plus pipe added approx 10-11 bhp and 6 ft/lbs torque)

There's a DynoJet shop off Craig and Losee Road..
Address is

DynoJet Research
2191 Mendenhall Drive
Suite 105
North LV, NV 89081

phone: 639-1110

Nothing too major..

Address is

DynoJet Research
2191 Mendenhall Drive
Suite 105
North LV, NV 89081

Ah, ok. I've been to that one with my VTX, but not my Busa. I'll have to get the Busa in there to see how it matches up, because I went to Racer's Edge, and my numbers were quite a bit different from yours.

Mine was 162.5 stock a couple of weeks ago (163 in wintertime). After mods, it was 166.8. It'd be interesting to see how different the two dynos are.

Out of curiosity, what type of break-in did you do?

<!--EDIT|EtrnlSoldier
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149891921 -->

I wanted to get a baseline dyno when the bike is totally stock..  Later on, I do plan on adding a few modifications..

Nothing too major..

They showed me dynos from Busas with power commanders and different brands of exhaust. The vendor recommends going with a full micron pipe..  (pciii plus pipe added approx 10-11 bhp and 6 ft/lbs torque)

Address is

DynoJet Research
2191 Mendenhall Drive
Suite 105
North LV, NV 89081

Ah, ok.  I've been to that one with my VTX, but not my Busa.  I'll have to get the Busa in there to see how it matches up, because I went to Racer's Edge, and my numbers were quite a bit different from yours.  

Mine was 162.5 stock a couple of weeks ago (163 in wintertime).  After mods, it was 166.8.  It'd be interesting to see how different the two dynos are.  

Out of curiosity, what type of break-in did you do?
Wow..That's quite a difference..

I tried to follow the Owner's manual break in recommendations.. Not to the letter though.. Every now and then I took it above 6000 RPMs..But not for very long.

I'd like to see the differences in Dyno readings. (Racer's Edge vs. DynoJet) That would be interesting.. I do remember them telling me the readings would be understated because we live about 2000 ft above sea level.. That's it.

Those are good numbers on your bike though.. I'm a little envyous
smile.gif

2003 - On a Dynojet Dyno with a Muzzy exhaust and a PCIII I got 164hp and 99 ft lbs of torque

Kent

Ok. Just got back from DynoJet a few hours ago. Their readings were similar to Racer's Edge. After dynojet re-mapped me, I was at 170.30 rwhp and 99.34 torque. Mods are HMF highmount full system, small box mod, Ivan's TRE (simple one), and BMC race filter. Here's the graph:

2127BusaDynoJet1.jpg

Ok.  Just got back from DynoJet a few hours ago.  Their readings were similar to Racer's Edge.  After dynojet re-mapped me, I was at 170.30 rwhp and 99.34 torque.  Mods are HMF highmount full system, small box mod, Ivan's TRE (simple one), and BMC race filter.  Here's the graph:

2127BusaDynoJet1.jpg
Nice...
Quick question.. When you say Dyno-Jet remapped.. I'm assuming you have a power commander right?

Ok. Just got back from DynoJet a few hours ago. Their readings were similar to Racer's Edge. After dynojet re-mapped me, I was at 170.30 rwhp and 99.34 torque. Mods are HMF highmount full system, small box mod, Ivan's TRE (simple one), and BMC race filter. Here's the graph:

2127BusaDynoJet1.jpg
Nice...
Quick question.. When you say Dyno-Jet remapped.. I'm assuming you have a power commander right?
Yep. And, just to confirm, the Racer's Edge numbers weren't too far off from DynoJet, unlike what I'd suspected. DynoJet, after mapping, was actually higher than Racer's Edge, but that's likely because they custom mapped it instead of just modifying a generic map. So, the stock reading of 162.5 is likely accurate. That was taken in early summer. It was just over 163 when it was cold outside.

Weird. Yours is also an 05, right?

<!--EDIT|EtrnlSoldier
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154505558 -->

Altitude should not impact SAE numbers since the dyno will correct for all that when using SAE correction. Did you take a floppy so you could get the data from the run. You can download the DynoJet Run Viewer freeware and do all kinds of things with the data. My first dyno in bad DA at over 2700' altitude, my '05 put down 142 RWHP but corrected to the chart below. Get the shop to furnish your run data and look at the uncorrected HP just to see how that looks. I did a second dyno pull months later and it was about 165 RWHP SAE (breaking in?).

Dyno1107.jpg

I don't mean to break the flow here but how much does it usually costs to Dyno your bike?
rock.gif
Honestly, I have no idea.

how does one know if the dyno that you go to is correct,are there calibration intervals

I've had mine on two different dynos here in Vegas. Both of the tuners, including the DynoJet folks (maker of our PCIIIs) said that the numbers they gave me were not corrected for sea level. The numbers were very close on both dynos.

As far as the dyno being accurate, from what I've read, many dynos are different. But, do a baseline run when you're fully stock, then again after mods and re-map, and you'll get an indication of what your money did for you.

As far as bringing a floppy to get the data from the run, why would I care? The AF ratio is good all the way through the curve, and I gained 8 ponies over stock, which, stock for me was already 162.5 in the summer and 163 in the winter. Money well spent.

And yes, I have the map saved, if anyone wants it.

I don't mean to break the flow here but how much does it usually costs to Dyno your bike?
rock.gif
Honestly, I have no idea.
Depends on where you go. If you get in to DynoJet (they don't usually deal with the public) then it's free. Some shops charge you an hourly fee, and your total cost will depend on how long it takes them to get it right. Some places charge a set rate. I've heard anything from $150.00 up to $300.00. Ask around your local performance shops, or just go to www.powercommander.com and do a search of authorized tuners.

Back