Its been awhile, But it finally done!

Thanks everyone for your nice comments it means alot, its been almost 1 year and a half in the making lol. I do plan on taking it to the track but i need to do a few more things to it before its ready.

I want everyone to understand that 712rwhp is NOTHING compared to what it can do and what is whas built for. We plan on cranking it up and making over 1000rwhp. Here is the build breakdown from what i can remember

HPE 408 Iron Block Built by Erik K.
~Eagle Crank
~Callies Compstar rods
~Custom Weisco Pistons
~Compression is about 8.5 to 1

Custom 238/238 Duration Cam spec'd by Erik
Stage 3 ETP Heads
Carb Style Manifold
Nasty Performance Complete Fuel System and Tank
Nasty Performance Valve Covers
Mcleod Twin Disk
Force Fed Fabrication Single Turbo Kit w/Precision T88
Moser 9" 35 Spline axle's Gundrilled w/ 3.70 gears
HAL QA1 Shocks and Springs
Denny's Nitrous Ready Driveshaft

BMR Chassis Upgrades
~BMR K-Member
~BMR Torque Arm
~BMR Panhard Rod
~BMR Weld on subframe connectors
~BMR Upper A-Arms
~BMR Lower Control Arms

RPM Fully Built 6 Speed cryoed and micropolished

p.s. Anyone around West Chester, PA? Ill bring the car if you bring the busa
cool.gif

nice build! were rebuilding the engine on my buddies 96 ws6 formula bored stroked, trick flow heads, forged internals, long tubes, and true duals with electronic cutouts and tubular k-member and upper and lower controll arms converted to ls1 wilwood brakes, c6 wheels, im not sure what he's gonna use for a clutch a 150 wet shot, a lt4 hot cam kit with roller rockers and lifters im trying to convince him that while were at it it to just go ahead and do the sts turbo he wants while we have everythign easily accessible but he's impatient i dunno good luck on yours thought im lookin for a mint 02 ss blue with black interior t-tops, 6 speed unmodded virgin with premo paint to start for my next project but we'll see the busa takes up so much time as it is
firedevil.gif

I already had one of those STS kits, i was among the first to try them out. Really didnt like it to much, i would just go with a traditional mounted setup

i kinda thought that they were over priced but thats his next project so i've been giving him shiznit about not doin it all at once to get it over with

Just absolutely make sure that his entire exhaust system is air tight, no leaks leaks are bad lol. i had a pretty bad leak in my exhaust. it was terrible started to spool very slowly, not make max boost just real sluggish

Nicely done.
For now it looks like mid 9's in the 1/4. But as you suggest it's not done! With more boost I suspect it's high 8's.

Sounds like a powerglide is in your future if you want more than that.

Of course as you know, it's all about the 60 foot time.

I presume you have a full cage, right cause you are looking at some serious speed here.

Good luck and report back with some track numbers.

I'll do the same with my old school 496 Nova

The_Nova_018__Medium_.jpg

Nicely done.
For now it looks like mid 9's in the 1/4. But as you suggest it's not done! With more boost I suspect it's high 8's.

Sounds like a powerglide is in your future if you want more than that.

Of course as you know, it's all about the 60 foot time.

I presume you have a full cage, right cause you are looking at some serious speed here.

Good luck and report back with some track numbers.

I'll do the same with my old school 496 Nova
no cage yet, but its coming when i get some more money lol.

Back