Car is finally goin gto the shop

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
Car is finally going to the shop

Well for those that dont know I blew the engine in my car alittle over four months ago. The poor liitle pistons just couldnt keep up with the power we were putting down. Well after waiting months for Manlety to make me some custom forged pistons and forged billet I beam rods were finally to the point where we can get her back together. The fun part is going to be going from the Procharger P1sc to a Precision 67/66 turbo. I got the turbo kit from Hellion and looks like Ill be the first one to install this kit on a new mustang. Thats kinda cool to me since Ive been the first in just about everything else on these cars. lol Well the list is long but heres what all we did to this little V6 3.7l.

New factory block 3.7l V6
Cryo'ed the factory forged crank (1000+hp)
Manley forged aluminum pistons (1000+hp)
Manley forged billet steel I beam rods (2500+hp)
Clevite Race bearings (rods and main)
Balanced and Blueprinted everything
ARP hardware
Port and polished the stock heads (flow 45cfm more)
Port matched the exhaust ports to the maniflods
Hellion single turbo kit
Presicion 67/66 turbo (950+hp)
Eboost 2 boost controller for six levels of boost control at my fingers
Biggest intercooler Presicion makes, it literally fits just between the frame rails. 1/4" gap. This thing is big. lol

These are the things that were already done to it that got us to 550rwhp/430rwtq with the procharger at 12.5psi

Custom return style fuel system for e85
92.5lbs injectors
GT take off throttle body 80mm (stock is 68mm)
Custom fuel rails
Custom intake spacer to clear custom fuel rails
Borla s-type cat back exhaust
Spec stage 2+ all billet aluminum clutch pack
Barton short throw shifter
Custom one piece steel driveshaft
3.55 rear gears

There were alot of other parts that are not going back onto the car due to the turbo setup so I didnt list them. Were starting with a 5psi wastegate spring that should yield 4psi of boost for my lowest setting on the controller. This will also be my "street" boost for running 93 octane. Then we'll start turning the boost (on E85) up between the other five levels and see where it takes us. Where building everything for a 1000bhp but I want to stop at 700rwhp and 700rwtq due to the fact we dont know what the factory block limits are. Would suck to spend 20k on this build and then trash everything because the block broke in half. lol

And here are a few pictures of the disaster we had and of the new turbo kit.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

Nice job! And congrats for not taking the cheap way out with a 5 liter! :beerchug:

Well I can seethe problem, seems you have a finger stuck in your engine. Have you called Ford about a finger-less worker maybe?

Thats way cool man. I love building off the wall stuff. Im sure you get the " Would have been cheaper to build a 5.0" comment more then once. I got it all the time when I built a turbo 2.3 mustang. I miss that car. would run 5.97 all night long t the local 1.8 mile track.

Were shooting for mid to high 9's right now. After a few more dollars we'll go for the 8's. Right now the fastest 3.7L mustang is 10.7. I never got a good run in before she blew but we had almost 50 hp and 30ft lbs over him. So maybe .2 faster. I get the "why not just buy the 5.0" all the time until they see me going 3-4 seconds faster around a 3.2 mile road course faster than a 2011-12 GT500, which is the only thing in my weight and power class I can compare to. lol Now I'll be around 10-12 seconds faster at the same track than the 11-12 GT500's. Oh well a few more weeks and hopefully she'll be back together so I can play alittle before winter hits.

I see, so your drag racing a cornering car, yeah well that will eat up some time on the strip lol. The 4 banger had a full on drag susp set up. Tubular K-member, tudular a-arms, 9-/10's up front with coil overs, 12pt cage, inside of the car looked like swiss cheese, all the door bracing was removed, dash was gutted, only thing in the car was a seat, carpet, steering wheel, shifter, 3 guages ( boost, fuel pressure and tach). Could not even open the doors from the inisde. The rear susp was set up for a 1200 hp car so it was pretty stout. I imagine you could be well into the 8's or high 7's on a set up like that.

Im hoping to build the badest street car I can and use it for everything. This will still be a daily driver also. So If I can have a solid 1000bhp, close to 200mph at the Texas mile, low to mid 9 sec 1/4 mile and be lapping cars that cost twice what I have into this one, which is almost 80k and will be close to 100k by the time im done, then I'll be close to happy with it. lol Im not building a straight drag car or I wouldn't be using a V6.

Were shooting for mid to high 9's right now. After a few more dollars we'll go for the 8's. Right now the fastest 3.7L mustang is 10.7. I never got a good run in before she blew but we had almost 50 hp and 30ft lbs over him. So maybe .2 faster. I get the "why not just buy the 5.0" all the time until they see me going 3-4 seconds faster around a 3.2 mile road course faster than a 2011-12 GT500, which is the only thing in my weight and power class I can compare to. lol Now I'll be around 10-12 seconds faster at the same track than the 11-12 GT500's. Oh well a few more weeks and hopefully she'll be back together so I can play alittle before winter hits.

got any links to your races...

I seen a tt boss ls on svtp making 825 @ 10psi on 91. Made me think of this thread.

Yep you tore that one up for sure. Been there and done that a few times. Thats the thing about racing it's the unknowing that makes it exciting. I just watched this last night
ROD Drag Week 2011, The Whole Story - YouTube[/url] and it really brings back memories. I always loved Street Car / Drag Racing. Some of the best times of my life :thumbsup: Best of luck on the build

Last edited by a moderator:
Back