My dry kit

Sounds familiar doesn't it Toxsick? The fuel system part. :rulez:

Absolutely sounds familiar! He was NOT running STOCK ENGINE #'s, he said he was AREADY making a 194hp on the motor! So ya, he definitely NEEDED to beef up the fuel system. Simple Really, The stock parts can only go so far.....in any aspect, whether it's the fuel system, crank, rods, pistons, ect.... ???

Yup.
Plain and simple.
If you are wanting a big dry shot,
You GOTTA upgrade the fuel system................Well,
if ya want it to live, that is..:laugh:

how did things go at Texas? How did your setup perform? any updates... ???

Horn button.
I rode it Sunday and didn't feel the blip at all. I'll be riding at the Texas Mile this Saturday. I'll look for it there. When I get it home, I'll take things apart and see if it's a real problem or not.

Hope you get a video of you conquering the mile, be safe and good luck:beerchug::beerchug:
I love to watch the Busa fly :laugh:

how did things go at Texas? How did your setup perform? any updates... ???

The bike ran flawlessly.
I didn't accomplish my goal of 200 mph in a standing mile, BUT,
It was MY fault, NOT the bike's.
Over the last year or so, I have gained more weight than I had realized.
The weight alone wasn't the problem, it's the fact that I couldn't get out of the wind.
I was at about 259 pounds, without leathers that weekend. I had to actually borrow leathers.
I knew it was gonna be a problem, but I went anyway.
The first nitrous pass was on Saturday after lunch.
It was windy.
I took off with the nitrous controller to start at 25% power and ramp it to 100% over 3 seconds.
I hit the button when I shifted into 3rd gear. The bike started pulling and pulling. By the time I was in 4th gear it was freight training! :thumbsup:
I was so much up in the wind that I was being blown all around to where my glasses were vibrating so much in my helmet that I couldn't see a smooth tree or sky line. I came thru at 195 mph and went back to the traler. I decided that it was just too dangerous to keep trying.
Sunday I got there early as to avoid the wind.
As we were waiting in line, the wind was calm. Well, low and behold a damn MUSTANG went off the end of the track and it took them about 30 minutes to retrieve him and get back to racing.:moon::moon:
Just long enough time for the wind to get going.
I had changed my nitrous controller to start at 40% and ramp to 100% over 2 seconds.
I took off kind of aggressive. When the bike got to about 9,000 rpms in first, it began to wheelie, as usual.
I short shifted it so the front end would drop. It did.
I was too low of rpms to hit the button, so I drove out abit.
I hit the button at the top of second.
It started to wheelie.
Just as I was about to shift it(to put the front end down),
It started burning the rear tire. :bowdown:
It dropped the front tire like someone pulled the carpet out from under me. :whistle:
I went straight to the rev limiter, which is set at 11,500 rpms, BTW!!!
Well, I'm ALL OVER the limiter and still on the button, YIKES!!
I let off the button, shifted to 3rd, and got back on the button, starting the ramp over again. 2 seconds later when it hit full power, it started to wheelie again, just enough to carry the front tire about a foot off the ground. I must been going 120-130mph or so at this point. It was pretty sweet. I shifted to 4th and carried the nitrous all the way thru the mile with no problems with the bike.
I, however, was trying to tuck so much that I couldn't breath.
When I could read the 3/4 mile marker, I was holding my breath and couldn't lift up to catch a breath without letting off and hurting myself. I went not only thru the mile, but had to slow down enough to sit up before I could take a breath. I was seriously worried that I was about to pass out.
I went 197.497 mph.
I cannot tell you how pissed I was/am at myself for letting myself get into this physical condition.
I decided to put the bike up and get myself right and go back in March and obtain my goal of 200 mph. It's just NOT worth it to risk injury, to attempt something so dangerous, when the conditions aren't right! You would have had to experience it to understand totally.
To answer the question in a short line.
The bike is a monster!
:thumbsup:
SpeedCert-2.jpg

If you're still reading this far down.
I have lost 8 pounds in the last week.
I'm comming back!:thumbsup:

I think you did something smarter than alot of people may realize. If you don't feel like you're making safe runs it's time to stop and reassess. :thumbsup:

Well, now you know that the bike can probably kill 200 and you just have to get yourself setup to be on the bike and be the one doing the killing :beerchug:

Good luck next year. Time wise it's really not to far away :cheerleader:

Thanks Guys,
While 197 is nothing to be taken lightly, and I DO appreciate ya'lls kind words. My goal is 200mph and I won't be 100% happy till I see it.
I think it's safe to say that it's coming soon, :thumbsup:
Safety first!

Thanks Man.
I appreciate the vote of confidence. It's only a matter of time.
I plan on stepping it up and crushing 200mph. :thumbsup:

Back