My Credit Card just got Compromised @#)(*#

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Tried to make an online purchase today and my card was declined. Apparently, someone tried at 5:32 Yesterday to buy some nutritional supplements from some company in Cincinatti (not me) www.infinitnutrition.us and the cc company fraud protection blocked it. Tried to call them only got voicemail so sent them email asking for details.

Now I gotta get a new number and new card :banghead: oh well, system worked as it was supposed to, now if I could just figure out how it got compromised. I hate thieves.

At least the card company protected you!!

Does your card have an id chip? Those are easy to scan and steal info.

My wife's aunt got hit for 890 bucks from a nutritional company like that also. She was reimbursed and had to get a new car as well. I am glad they blocked it for you.

Sorry to hear about this Keith... On another note we will have all you can drink Protein mixes at the next bash..

when i was in college i got hit for over 7k in a 2 hour span and i almost got booted outta the classes that started 3 days after cause i couldnt pay for them.. THAT SUCKED but hey look at the positive it worked and you were protected

At Home Depot a couple of years ago, same thing. A purchase was made at a Home Depot 40 minutes away 15 minutes after my purchase, and at a food store about the same time. All and all about $750 within an hour, It is scarry out there, a thief is born every second these days with this crappy economy. After that day I added that protection that saved you from those SCUMBAGS!!!! My little friend will take care of business...:crowbar:

Sucks man...been there. On the good side, it is around a month till you are back at the track!

Somebody triend to buy Bus Tickets in the UK. Almost a minute later same thing is seattle. Lucky the company caught the charge and shut my card down. Still don't know where they got my number

This is the 2nd time in about 3 years. Last time, someone tried to buy a Apple Notebook and have it shipped to MO...

I have my card locked down on the allowed shipping addresses on file which may be what set off the fraud protection.

No, no chip.

Yeah, I've been there too. It can be a hassle, but I'm glad the system is working for you.

I got a response back from the Merchant last night..interesting

-----------
Sir,
We did not attempt to charge your card nor did we. Our security system decliend the attempt. basically there is an over seas company that uses web only sites like ours to randomly submit credit cards numbers trying to get one to work. But our security walls will not allow the order to go through for name, shipping and ccv code needs to match. They did not use a valid address or name - actually the name they use is ajjjkklfn. So they caught your number but they do not have your name and address.
Sorry for any inconveneince but we have no control over these corganizations trying to steal numbers. The good thing is that due to our security system your credit card company should have been alerted right away.
Thanks,

Someone tried to charge 6500 to my card at some online fitness store a month ago. Same situation as yours

At least the transaction was stopped. Teresa got hit for $200 after a trip to California. Troy got hit a couple years back. Credit card fraud is a problem, no doubt.

I've luckily never had that issue, of course i also dont use plastic much either its usually cash for me.

Kinda wish i had that protection the 2nd night after i got my only credit card and my little incident with buying an AR15 at gander mountain :whistle:

only time my card gets swiped is at the atm. be very careful at restaurants. thats where alot of it starts. there was some of this going on in okc for a while

all i have is a debit card...so if it aint me localy swipeing it...it aint me

Back