My crash at Reno-Fernley yesterday

Sorry for your crash, hate to see that but it's part of the sport I guess. If you want a poster send me the image at full resolution and I will do it for you just to cheer you up from your rough day.

That is awfully nice of you, I would really appreciate that and you bet it would be on the wall in the shop the day it arrived.

Where do I send the photo and which one would you guys with?

Thanks again man thats awesome!

Scott

You would be better off build a track bike from where you are now cost wise to repair it... I have some road race plastics if you go that route..i'm cleaning out my shop if you need anything...

Glad your okay...

I think I see what cause the crash. You forgot to do something . . . :laugh:

wrecked 101_4854.jpg

wrecked 101_4854.jpg

Line choice is what got you into trouble. Then watching how quickly you went down once you realized you were in trouble my best guess would be the brake lever is what made the front tire give up traction.

If you notice the bike in front of you entered the corner wide and made it fine carrying more speed than you. You entered the corner tight and was hugging the inside before you reached the curbing. Your fate was sealed due to line choice and speed long before the tire lost traction.

Sorry about your getoff. Looks as though your bike took quite a beating but fortunately you escaped injury! Not a bad outcome in my view! :beerchug:

What is that? Looks like an audio thingy. I don't get it?

"Remove before flight" is a safety warning commonly seen on removable aircraft and spacecraft components, typically in the form of a red ribbon, to indicate that a device, such as a protective cover or a pin to prevent the movement of mechanical parts, is only used when the aircraft is on the ground (parked or taxiing). On small general aviation aircraft, this may include a pitot tube cover or a control lock. In some cases, non-removal of a labeled part have caused airplane crashes. The warning appears in English only.

remove 1 images.jpg
remove 2 images.jpg

remove 1 images.jpg

remove 2 images.jpg

WHAT? The only crashes were the two old busa dudes? :shocked:

I didn't know 35 was old.....

What is that? Looks like an audio thingy. I don't get it?

It's for my radar detector

Line choice is what got you into trouble. Then watching how quickly you went down once you realized you were in trouble my best guess would be the brake lever is what made the front tire give up traction.

If you notice the bike in front of you entered the corner wide and made it fine carrying more speed than you. You entered the corner tight and was hugging the inside before you reached the curbing. Your fate was sealed due to line choice and speed long before the tire lost traction.

Sorry about your getoff. Looks as though your bike took quite a beating but fortunately you escaped injury! Not a bad outcome in my view! :beerchug:

You know I have watched the video several times and my line was different that the previous laps, partially because it was off the previous two corners, my mistake no doubt.

Good assumption on your part about the brake, but wrong. I never touched the brake in the corner.......that corner is almost a double apex corner and the last part is decreasing I should of/ would of been fine, but I wasn't I had to much lean angle in that part due to the bad line and crashed.

I do have video of the skid marks after the crash from the point where I went down and it's very plain to see that there was a dusting of the track at the point I went down. I take full responsibilty for the crash it's my job to ensure a proper line through a corner and my job to know when and where to push or not push based on track conditions just as you would on rainy street.

aww the stampede...missed it this year! Unfortunately this is a part of what we do and accept that risk. Really glad you two are OK! Get it fixed and hop back on!! :beerchug:

You know I have watched the video several times and my line was different that the previous laps, partially because it was off the previous two corners, my mistake no doubt.

Good assumption on your part about the brake, but wrong. I never touched the brake in the corner.......that corner is almost a double apex corner and the last part is decreasing I should of/ would of been fine, but I wasn't I had to much lean angle in that part due to the bad line and crashed.

I do have video of the skid marks after the crash from the point where I went down and it's very plain to see that there was a dusting of the track at the point I went down. I take full responsibilty for the crash it's my job to ensure a proper line through a corner and my job to know when and where to push or not push based on track conditions just as you would on rainy street.

Sometimes we just run out of talent and the results are usually ugly.

LMAO - Are you self centered or do you just like to give people ****?

Neither! However, I've been romping around the track for a very long time watching guys like you crash over and over until I can smell a crash coming long before it happens. Most crashes are initiated two or three steps before the actual getoff and yours was no exception.

Let me give you an example. Watching your video and listening to the continuous opening and closing of the throttle throughout the corners it was only a matter of time until your front tire gave up traction. Poor throttle application will always (ALWAYS) put you on your head eventually as the lean angle increases. Listen to your video, you opened the throttle and quickly slammed it shut just before the tire let go. The dust theory was an excuse, not the cause.

You my friend, simply ran out of talent when you needed it most! Don't feel bad, we've all done it.

When a rider makes lame excuses for a crash he learns little and subject to making the same mistakes again. :beerchug:

Neither! However, I've been romping around the track for a very long time watching guys like you crash over and over until I can smell a crash coming long before it happens. Most crashes are initiated two or three steps before the actual getoff and yours was no exception.

Let me give you an example. Watching your video and listening to the continuous opening and closing of the throttle throughout the corners it was only a matter of time until your front tire gave up traction. Poor throttle application will always (ALWAYS) put you on your head eventually as the lean angle increases. Listen to your video, you opened the throttle and quickly slammed it shut just before the tire let go. The dust theory was an excuse, not the cause.

You my friend, simply ran out of talent when you needed it most! Don't feel bad, we've all done it.

When a rider makes lame excuses for a crash he learns little and subject to making the same mistakes again. :beerchug:

Wow you are self centered and proved it to me with your last post.

So with all of your knowledge of watching guys romping around tracks you are experienced enough you can smell a crash coming? Under your name it says track coach so I am guessing this is something you do on a regular basis and based on some of your posts you are probably quite competent while doing so. Instead of kindly or constructively telling me my mistakes from the get go you come in here with your smart ass comments about "old guys crashing" and "running out of talent" when you could of been a helpful resource to me and other riders on this forum and pointed out my mistakes in your first couple of posts. Instead it took me poking you back for you to justify the things you said in earlier posts.

Pretty classless and arrogant in my book when you have your experience and expertise. For you to kick a man after he was down when you could of picked him up and shown him the ropes and been someone people looked up to.

Good day,
Scott

Confident - Yes! Arrogant - No! Simply truthful!

If you can't take criticism you shouldn't post up video. Video and photos don't lie!

Back