My broken leg Xrays that I got today.

that's a tough one, had the same break tib/fib 23 years ago, still swells with socks, nice big knot of bone after it healed. You'll walk again, no worry there. I lost about an inch of leg, 1/4" with the tib fib break and 3/4" with the femur, they call me frankenfoot at work with the big heel on my boot :rofl: did you get pins to set it ? Best of luck,don't skip on the physical therapy. :rulez:

Yeah I make this stuff the screw and rod are titanium too bad you had to have a rod but it is strong trust me very strong medical titanium is 98% and very very strong and super light.:rulez:

They are the same length you dont want them shorter then each other it will cause hip problems later on in life. We do ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, and spine implants.

Wow, that last one looks like a scan of a towel rack. :laugh: Guess you won't be making it through any more metal detectors. :whistle:

Hope you heal up fast and as someone else said make sure to do the PT. It will get you back much faster.

That really looks like it friggin' hurt !
My feet and something else :whistle: cringed and puckered a bit when looking at those break pics .

Look at the bright side. When they take that rod out you can send it to Pazzo and let them make you some custom levers :laugh:

@ Russell

*Gasp!* - You wax your legs? It's a good thing they changed those "Don't ask, don't tell" laws, eh? :poke:

@ Russell

*Gasp!* - You wax your legs? It's a good thing they changed those "Don't ask, don't tell" laws, eh? :poke:

Hardy har har! no i dont..... it was from the soft cast i had for a week and a half made the hair all nasty and shorter for some reason... and i have blonde hair anyway so its not so noticeable :moon: :laugh: :firing:

Good luck with the healing. I have been in that hospital for leg work also. Make sure you keep track of the records for this so the VA does not stick it to you when you get out. I was a 2825 when I was in. The Corps jipped me out of my Micro soldering class. But that was a LONG LONG time ago.

Good luck with the healing. I have been in that hospital for leg work also. Make sure you keep track of the records for this so the VA does not stick it to you when you get out. I was a 2825 when I was in. The Corps jipped me out of my Micro soldering class. But that was a LONG LONG time ago.

Wow such a coincidince i was in my micromin class also. They brought my final written to my room while i was on convalescent leave and "hepled" me. Then i went into class the next day to do my last Practical exams also on leave so i could still graduate. Which i graduate tomorrow :cheerleader:
8641 is now my MOS also :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow such a coincidince i was in my micromin class also. They brought my final written to my room while i was on convalescent leave and "hepled" me. Then i went into class the next day to do my last Practical exams also on leave so i could still graduate. Which i graduate tomorrow :cheerleader:
2846/8641 are my MOSs now :thumbsup:

Congrats. Just remember that this is now service connected. Life time care for anything relating to this.
I know. torn Ligiments and 4 surgeries in 18 months. I walked into sickbay there in 29 Palms 24 hours after shredding my left knee Ligamnets. The corpsman could not believe I walked in let alone 24 hours after doing it. Still did my marches and job while in the casts. LOL

Congrats. Just remember that this is now service connected. Life time care for anything relating to this.
I know. torn Ligiments and 4 surgeries in 18 months. I walked into sickbay there in 29 Palms 24 hours after shredding my left knee Ligamnets. The corpsman could not believe I walked in let alone 24 hours after doing it. Still did my marches and job while in the casts. LOL

Oh i think my arm hurts because of my leg :laugh:
Yeah i have full papers on what happened. Glad your still in good order after all that. Ive almost killed myself or hurt my leg being stupid trying to be independent still. I hate not being able to do stuff.

Oh i think my arm hurts because of my leg :laugh:
Yeah i have full papers on what happened. Glad your still in good order after all that. Ive almost killed myself or hurt my leg being stupid trying to be independent still. I hate not being able to do stuff.
Just looked at your pics on FB.
Some things never change. and then some do. Your old barracks were brand new when I was in. I lived in those for 2 months when I was finishing school. Before that we had open squad bays.

Brings back memories of the good old days. I miss that place.

1984-1985

Do what they tell you or you will pay the price down the road. I am talking from experience bro. I am having so much trouble with my knees now it is hard to walk some days and I am not that old. I thought I knew better. Should not run a PFT 3 days after getting the cast off and then go for surgery and try to run it again a week later.:whistle:

Do what they tell you or you will pay the price down the road. I am talking from experience bro. I am having so much trouble with my knees now it is hard to walk some days and I am not that old. I thought I knew better. Should not run a PFT 3 days after getting the cast off and then go for surgery and try to run it again a week later.:whistle:

Yeah trust me I want to be in 100%condition so Im going to take everything very lightly. I know as i get better and walking im going to start getting crap from the platoon about not PTing and such but ill deal with it cause i need to take it easy one the bones til its fully healed.

So were you in Alpha Company?

I think they did things like that.

I got a homie that is an instructor out there. SSgt Revay. And Capt Cromely is floating around there somewhere too.

Russell, man that just make me nauseous looking at the xray. That is right at the boot line. I know from the ski industry when I lived in Tahoe and Mammoth for 10 years all of the equipment that is meant to protect also has the opposite side of the knife...it is what causes the breaks from a fulcrum type of mechanism. The ortho guys will tell you it is better to get a clean snap like that then get your ankles crushed...toes ripped off or denuded...
Russell a couple of guys have alluded to it...but just be prepared to do exactly what they tell you for physical therapy...and it is really painful and difficult work. Don't even think about running on that leg until you have full medical clearance...and then take it really slowly. You have suffered a serious bone injury and it will take time to get it back to a reasonable level of comfort. Expect good days and bad days as you recover...expect it as the norm ..not the exception...the importance is the trend not the individual days...I know you will work hard at restoring your health...best of luck to you...sincerely

Back