My bike on dyno right when head gasket popped

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
Putting it back together this weekend after i had head and cylinder decked flat.

http://media.putfile.com/Stage-2-Dyno-Kaplowee

http://media.putfile.com/Stage-2-Super-Street-Dyno-1

http://media.putfile.com/Stage-2-Startup-Higher-Res

207 hp was 4 psi of boost, the 461 hp was a little more than that LOL.

GREGS460.jpg

100_1825.jpg

100_3889.jpg

100_3891.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

<!--EDIT|smithabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143231058 -->

Some crazy guy LOL.

At least it popped on the dyno and not on the road, I should have had the surfaces decked when I put the motor together over the winter, but didn't really think about it. I had a hahn kit on there for about 4 years, last year it made 344 hp with S2000 injectors, sold that and went with a monster kit with air to air intercooler, etc.

Hey Greg ... good to see you posting over here! So when are you taking it back to the "magician" for him to finish tuning it?

Not sure, should have it running this weekend, we were probably a couple pulls away from having it tuned. I might just ride it on pump gas at 16 psi for a bit.

Looks like you went about 70-120mph in one second? Holy S..is that possible? It's on the 20 psi video, towards the end. Looks like your hitting 30 lbs. too. Bad ass bike!!!

motorhead
Ok,did you go back with a cometic gasket? What does he recommend in high boost applications? Thanks.NJ.
I had a cometic gasket in there, had the motor apart putting in Carillo rods, HD valve springs, .090 spacer, ARP head studs. Studs were torqued to 70 ft*lbs. Putting it back together today after taking about 3 thousandths of the head to get if nice and flat with a new finish, took less than a thousandth off the cylinder to get it nice and flat with a new finish. Paying close attention to everything today as I put it back together, hopefully it will hold this time.

Looks like you went about 70-120mph in one second? Holy S..is that possible? It's on the 20 psi video, towards the end. Looks like your hitting 30 lbs. too. Bad ass bike!!!
That boost gauge was junk LOL, was more about 19-20 psi according to my datalogger. It was spinning the tire, but it would catch up pretty quick, it pulls hard, that was last year with only 344 hp, I have another 120 or so hp at the moment, should have about 480 - 490 hp once I get it back together and turn it all the way up.

motorhead
Ok,did you go back with a cometic gasket? What does he recommend in high boost applications? Thanks.NJ.
I had a cometic gasket in there, had the motor apart putting in Carillo rods, HD valve springs, .090 spacer, ARP head studs. Studs were torqued to 70 ft*lbs. Putting it back together today after taking about 3 thousandths of the head to get if nice and flat with a new finish, took less than a thousandth off the cylinder to get it nice and flat with a new finish. Paying close attention to everything today as I put it back together, hopefully it will hold this time.
Taking 3 thousanths off the head,where is that gonna put your compression at?

Not much different than where it is now, I have a 90 thou spacer under the cylinder which drops it to 8.5:1 or so. So only have the effect of 87 or 86 should be very damn close.

At the moment I am not, most of the guys with Stage 2 kits don't as you just use a fuel controller. I am going to put a PCII back on there to remove timing.

It should be running again later today. Just got the motor in, TB's on, plenum on, getting there, again, LOL.

Back