My 99's makeover in progress

Moloko, i painted my bike last year so can relate how much work is involved in this project. Love your liter tail sticking up high like motogp racer. Lots of imagination went into this project..super cool. Keep postin up.

The hump on my Busa is what makes it different from other bikes :)

I wouldn't change that about mine :)
Interesting build tho !!!

Can't wait to see the results

Yeah, If i'd of stuck with the original tail I'd be done a long time ago. :banghead:

looking sweet , that frame was some masking mission ,

nice work :thumbsup:

Yeah, we wanted to mask it once... so far, aside from fixing a few holes in the foil here and there we've accomplished that. Guess we'll see if we accomplished it successfully when we pull it all off and check for overspray.

Moloko, i painted my bike last year so can relate how much work is involved in this project. Love your liter tail sticking up high like motogp racer. Lots of imagination went into this project..super cool. Keep postin up.

Zook-Hay! Yeah man, it's a ton of work. I'm pretty anxious to get it back together. I can't wait to see how well she performs with all the upgrades though. Should have a bit more power and a bit less weight.

And an obligatory pic since I'm posting here:
Looks like a mirror ball right now, thing will straight up blind you in the sun! hahaha

2011-05-15171348.jpg

Long weekend, Doesn't look like much more, but prep time is insane with this thing.
Orange this week, and hopefully lace next weekend! Getting closer...
2nltric.jpg

BLURRY!!!
2nlagsm.jpg

xd8jeo.jpg

1jnoys.jpg

2u97ejo.jpg

ir5it1.jpg

vx0txx.jpg

akiuxz.jpg

It's amost starting to look like we're gettin somewhere with this thing. Thinking I'm not gonna lace it after all, maybe next winter? Shouldn't have to tear it down that much if I decide to do it.
2011-06-06113101.jpg

2011-06-06113736.jpg

2011-06-06104433.jpg

Got to sand this round a bit, get it pinstriped, then another round of clear, cut buff, and assemble.
Painting in the garage leaves something to be desired, had a bit of an 'incident' with the tank, so it gets redone tomorrow. I think everything else turned out rather well.
Posted via Mobile Device

cant wait to see finished product...I really like this color..looking good!

Sneek peek of sorts. More to come later this weekend as it starts going back together.

imagejpeg_2_13.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

Lots of buffing to do still. Should have it finished tonight though. Got the wireing finished and put the tank on and she fired right up! That was a relief. New exhaust sounds awesome!

2011-06-19224646.jpg

The side plastic is just sitting there(green tape), wanted to see what it looked like.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, the sun isn't out... so no sparkly sun shots. Just finished up... cept, can't get the rear brake to bleed out. Won't build pressure at all.
Not perfect, but it's not a show bike or anything...
2011-06-21034252.jpg

2011-06-21034328.jpg

2011-06-21034348.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

Back