My 6 Year Overhaul With Blissstar Express Fairings

Thanks. Sorry, not worth it when you could buy cheaper from eBay or online. On my OEM fairings I got a set of black ones to cover up the cheesy eggshell colored Kanji
Do you remember the seller or were you purchased them from

Last edited:
I was given a free HF motorcycle lift. It was kind of rough, so I painted the lower with Rust Bullet and the top with bedliner. I also discovered I had to make a ramp to get the bike up on it due to length of the bike, which ended up turning into my first welding project with zero experience. Only thing I didn't consider is I need a cross brace going from bottom to top, but easily fixed. I haven't used the lift yet, but least it works fine.

20160813_205908.jpg

20160813_232143.jpg

20160813_232148.jpg

20160813_232151.jpg

20160814_001742.jpg

20160814_200130.jpg

20160814_200255.jpg

I promised everyone a review of them, it'd be a damn shame if I didn't give a FULL review on how well they hold up lowsiding.........yep, first trip out of neighborhood with them and this happens, FML. I thought I had scrubbed the new tires in enough, but obviously I didn't. I went to get into a turning lane to work and barely tapped my front brakes to slow down and swoosh! I'd guess I was doing 45ish when it happened. Sad part is the whole reason I was even on the bike is because wiper linkage nylon bushing on wife's vehicle failed. I tried to fix it Sunday with some universal wiper bushings but no luck. I didn't want to take the bike out for first time in the rain, but had no choice.

I had some gear on, an Icon Anthem 2 jacket and Icon Overlord gloves, but not enough (IE pants). VERY disappointed in Icon jacket, the elbow pad moved and my elbow met asphalt. I didn't have the liner in, but that shouldn't matter. My left hand was right on the cusp of getting ate up. I had a hole in the glove, but no scrapes. My left knee is scrapped up a good bit and now swollen. Hoping for nothing internal torn, but will have to wait to see. I think worse part is it takes forever to walk any where, haha. All that being said, I can't wait to get back on and ride!! I expected to catch some flak from the wife, but she was totally cool about it all.....like to the point where I asked her if she thought I should sell it. She said no, I'm a grown ass man and can do what I want. She also said she knows if she pushed me to sell it, I'd resent her if I did sell. She amazes me sometimes, couldn't ask for a better wife. Some wives' don't get all of us and our bikes, there's a passion we all have. You'll always know the ones that don't have the passion and only ride "to be cool", those are the people that have an accident and sell it...or let their wife's make them sell it.

I've already contacted Wilson @ Bliss Star and see if I can buy a couple replacement pieces and them paint the same as it was. He said he would sell me some but could guarantee match, which is slightly aggravating. Guess just goes to prove you truly get what you pay for, although they did hold up well to wreck. Before the wreck and finding that out, I wouldn't have hesitated to order another set from them. But now knowing if I just drop the bike I'd have to buy a whole set, I'm very hesitate to purchase another set.

I'll spare the hole in my elbow, swollen knee and road rash on the knee.
IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

Looks good bro, especially for the price. It won't be long and you will be asking yourself how you ever worked on or cleaned your bike without it.

I ment the lift looks good. Sorry to hear about your get off. Hope you heal up quick. Loom on the bright side, at least you didn't rash your OEM plastics. That little slide would have cost you a couple of grand.

I appreciate it. Nothing a little time won't cure, just sucks I can't ride, haha. I'm about 50/50 if I'd rather have rashed OEM plastics are not since others were brand new. Too late now, OEM will be going back on shortly.

You're not kidding, with no being able to get up/down off the ground easily now, this lift will come in handy. I can roll around on my stool and do what I need to, can't wait to try it out.

I took the tire vice off my lift and use my front and rear stands on the lift. It makes maintenance and wheel cleaning a pleasure.
20160619_215738.jpg

I took the tire vice off my lift and use my front and rear stands on the lift. It makes maintenance and wheel cleaning a pleasure.

The one given to me was missing the vice, but I didn't think I could use my wheel stands on the lift so I got a wheel chock and mounted it. Also ditched the chock's adjustment pins and replaced with some bolts, nuts and washers so it couldn't rock. Still not sure if I trust the wheel chock to hold the bike up, although it should.

Im glad you are ok, but it sucks that you didn't get to enjoy your new fairings for long.

Thanks. Yeah I got to enjoy them for about 15min while riding in the dark and in the rain, lol. Oh well, stuff happens and always could have been worse. On the plus side, I got a temporary handicap tag for work which will save me a good bit of walking for a while. With me healing I hope to have time this weekend to start my carbon fiber retrofit and get it done so when I can ride I can put the new headlight on at the same time as old fairings.

Back