Mufasa

After reading your post and the responses from other oRgster's, the first thing I thought of was no one should ride beyond their skill level. I think you should enjoy your ride and not worry about playing catch up with the pack. This is just a recipe for disaster.

I concur! If you love your bike like you say you do, don't sell it or you might end up regretting it. Don't be discouraged about your riding skills. As some of the others have said, the only way you are going to get better is by taking some courses, track days and just going out and practicing on your own.

whoa there...stop, think...you're a good rider...you love your bike.....what's the problem?
Not you....them. Ride with your comfort level...I'm in Leesburg....and I can do 50mph and have a fantantic ride! Call me...you'll never feel as if you have to extend your limits...(352)455=6366.
Doc...aka Robert

no offense, but it may not be the bike. Your comfort zone is unique to you. Dont try to keep up with others, ride your own ride and enjoy.

I've had mine for 4 years, and I'm just learning how to handle the tight stuff. I've been with people that could flat out fly, and I learned quick if I'm pushing it too hard I'll never learn.

The one thing I have learned is I need a FEW track days with someone that knows what they're doing.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement. I guess I am being to hard on myself I just hate to be razzed all the time for being a slow poke. But whatever I'll get better one day. Hi Phil its been a long time. Hope all is well. You guys are great Thank you

Maybe it's the people you are rideing with and not the bike. Sometimes I ride with a bunch of HD guys. Its always fun just different and slower. I don't mean this in any sort of bad way but different groups are different rides ,you might find one thats just right for you.

:whistle:

:poke:

:laugh:

If they are giving you crap for being the slowest just ditch em....Ride with some others that will make your ride fun, even if it is by yourself.

I think you should keep your bike and get some new freinds, If your riding over you head your gonna crash. End of story

Thanks all for the encouragement. @ Manny I hear ya. @ Joker ok talk to you then. Have a nice evening everyone. God Bless and ride safe

I have taken a riding course when I got my endorsement. I ride with a group of guys who ride way to fast for me and I did have a friend who rode with me and bottom line I got the bike because I wanted to experience new things I had a 250 and it just wasnt fast enough but now that I have the busa I still cant seem to keep up. So the decision to sell is just a thought I am just not sure what to do at this point. Maybe I just will ride it until I run out of gas and sit where ever I land and think about what I should do.

Here's the trick, I think you've covered it above but let me just call it out. No matter what bike you get, you will not be as fast as them until you get your skills up to that level. As others have said, ride your own ride. If you are unhappy about being "left behind" when riding with those folks, change groups and find some folks that ride at your pace. Perhaps talk to the guys you ride with maybe they can agree to at least wait for you at turns or something as a compromise. I've been riding a long time and had similar issues when I first started riding. The well I have to ride way outside of my comfort zone so I can keep up..... found that it just wasn't worth it. These days I can rip past many and yet as many or more *blow* past me (like me standing still and them doing mach 20 :whistle: ) but I just don't try to keep up anymore because its still not worth it ;)

If its your dream bike and you have no financial reason to get rid of it, hold onto it, in time you'll make the right decision on what you really want to do. Also, many folks here seem to have two different types of bikes to suit their riding style of the day, maybe thats an option to consider.

Come up to the bash or out to the stampede or just find some local org members and go ride with folks that A) understand exactly what you are feeling and B) can possibly give you some "track" type information/mentoring as you ride together. I know I've become a much better rider just by observing and listening to other busa riders. :thumbsup:

Skootergirl...i'm 52..been riding all my life...and in most instances on the street?..i aint gonna ride a 600 to it's full potential and those who do or can?..have two things going for them..

1. Mad skills and...

2. a serious disregard for their own lives and that of others.

Now..that said?..i've learned that to be fast?..the first thing you need to master is being Smooooooth...you NEVER try to be fast...you just "Get That Way"..over seat time and experience..and here's the street riding group ride rules i live by..sums it up real well if you have a desire to live and NOT swap out bike after bike trying to "Buy Fast"...now..

Close out the pop ups and read this...

The Pace - Nick Ienatsch - Motorcyclist magazine

Hope that helps and l8r, Bill. :cool:

Back