Mufasa

SkootRRgirl

Registered
I've been having thoughts of selling Mufasa, I mean I am still not riding the way I would like to, and I'm just not sure I made the right decision in many areas regarding this bike. Don't get me wrong I love my bike I just don't think it was a bright idea on my part to get one of this magnitude. And that is just my humble opinion. I could be wrong though. For now it is just a thought nothing more.

:-(???:bowdown:

502g051P4hl.jpg

502c051P4hl.jpg

By the looks of how this thread is going maybe I shouldn't have posted this, all I can say is that I am confused and a bit out of my mind at the moment. But whatever I got it out and that is all that matters.

How are you riding it as compared to how you would like to? How long have you been riding it? What were the factors that bought you to buy it?

If you're anything like me you've not got it to go blatting around at silly speeds but because it's what you want and suits you. I know from my research that this bike suits my riding style and fits my needs... how does it compare to your riding style and needs?

Whatever you decide I'm guessing you don't need to decide just now. Give it some time, mull it over, if you're really serious go and ride a few other bikes. See how you get on. Let us know...

I've been having thoughts of selling Mufasa, I mean I am still not riding the way I would like to, and I'm just not sure I made the right decision in many areas regarding this bike. Don't get me wrong I love my bike I just don't think it was a bright idea on my part to get one of this magnitude. And that is just my humble opinion. I could be wrong though. For now it is just a thought nothing more.

When you say "not riding the way you would like to" do you mean "you are not getting enough seat time" or "you are not riding it as aggresive as you should be after a given amount of time"?

What would you like a motorcycle to do?
Big, and comfy. Ride in the dirt, Sporty and powerful, maybe sporty look and power not that important.

Maybe a little more information and we all could offer up better food for thought.

Goodluck with your decision, and remember Busa or not, ride or not, you are always welcome here.

@ Devil and Hanna When I say I am not riding like I want to I am saying that I cannot seem to push it enough to keep up with the young guys in my group who ride like they are on a track. I have practiced and practiced and to no avail fear just keeps me from pushing the bike past my comfort zone. @ Hanna I bought the bike because my friend gave me a real good deal on it and yes this bike is my dream bike. My friend had been teaching me certain things as techniques but he isn't riding we me any more. Dont get me wrong I love the bike I just think I will be unable to continue out alone without my friend to help.

I had purchased my bike with the intentions of always riding out with my buddies. Unfortunately, some have sold their bikes and some have just stopped riding completely. At one point, I thought of selling the bike but, later realized that I could ride alone and still have a great time. I guess in the end it all depends on how you feel and what will make you happy. I personally think I would have regretted selling the bike and I'm glad I didn't.

As far as learning new techniques go, have you thought about taking any of the motorcycle classes? I've only done the basic but, it helped big time especially since this was my first bike. I've heard lots of great things about the advanced session but, I'll leave that up to the people on here who have been through it to tell you their experience with it.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best and please be safe! Never go past your comfort zone.

I have taken a riding course when I got my endorsement. I ride with a group of guys who ride way to fast for me and I did have a friend who rode with me and bottom line I got the bike because I wanted to experience new things I had a 250 and it just wasnt fast enough but now that I have the busa I still cant seem to keep up. So the decision to sell is just a thought I am just not sure what to do at this point. Maybe I just will ride it until I run out of gas and sit where ever I land and think about what I should do.

If you're trying to improve your riding skills have you looked into a track day? :beerchug:

My friend was going to go with me up to the track one day but something came up plus I didnt have a full body suit so I wouldnt have been able to get on the track to begin with.

After reading your post and the responses from other oRgster's, the first thing I thought of was no one should ride beyond their skill level. I think you should enjoy your ride and not worry about playing catch up with the pack. This is just a recipe for disaster.

SkootRrgirl,

How long have you been riding?

Give yourself time to practice and hone your skills.

But, if you are not comfortable with the bike, you are right to consider a bike that you are more comfortable with.

SkootRrgirl,

How long have you been riding?

Give yourself time to practice and hone your skills.

But, if you are not comfortable with the bike, you are right to consider a bike that you are more comfortable with.

I've been riding 5 years now but I have only been on the busa for almost a year. However if I get rid of the busa there is no way I could get another bike nothing will ever compare with the busa.

Maybe it's the people you are rideing with and not the bike. Sometimes I ride with a bunch of HD guys. Its always fun just different and slower. I don't mean this in any sort of bad way but different groups are different rides ,you might find one thats just right for you.

Just ride your own ride. You don't have to ride with the guys you are currently riding with. Find a pack of cruisers or... ride alone. Though there are alot of people on here that can spank with a busa in the twisties, I'm sure there are a lot that could be spanked by bikes of lesser cc's (myself being one).

I've been riding 5 years now but I have only been on the busa for almost a year. However if I get rid of the busa there is no way I could get another bike nothing will ever compare with the busa.

SkootRrgirl,

There is a bunch of us on here that have been riding for 25+ years, and we are not capable of riding the Busa to its full potential. There is not alot of people that can ride the Busa to its full potential anyway.

Don't worry about riding with people who want to runoff and leave you if you can't keep up. Always ride at your own pace and skill level. After you have ridden the bike for a while longer your skill level will improve.

Never be over confident, but always be confident. Everyone has to start at their given level and some take longer to learn than others. Don't be so hard on yourself and be patient.

Back