Mufasa

My 2cents:

I ride with the Family every weekend. I would consider myself a good safe rider. But I'm also the busa hanging back with the 600 bikes. I love to ride MY ride. After the ride I love the family time too.

U've been ridings for 5yrs.. it took you 4yrs to out grow your 250.. its gonna take a very very long time to out grow your busa.. or any other bike for that matter.. be patient. Be persistent. Be safe.

We have a great support system here..

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

@ Devil and Hanna When I say I am not riding like I want to I am saying that I cannot seem to push it enough to keep up with the young guys in my group who ride like they are on a track. I have practiced and practiced and to no avail fear just keeps me from pushing the bike past my comfort zone. @ Hanna I bought the bike because my friend gave me a real good deal on it and yes this bike is my dream bike. My friend had been teaching me certain things as techniques but he isn't riding we me any more. Dont get me wrong I love the bike I just think I will be unable to continue out alone without my friend to help.

I to ride with some friends that ride a lot better then me. It does not bother me. I will just catch them at the next straight stretch or the nest stop. It is not enough to make me sell my busa. I am sure your friends cant expect you to keep up with them and would not mind at all to wait on you. Have a talk with them and you will be fine. Just a thought

My suggestion is to find a group that is more in line with your riding style and comfort level. Let the wild bunch move on....Perhaps look for the local SCRC; Southern Cruisers Riding Club. The have regular group rides and are very eager to have new members. It will certainly give you the chance to gain group riding skills without having to bust it open.

Southern Cruisers

I think you should keep your beautiful bike and learn to ride by yourself in your own comfort zone.!!
Riding with others makes riding move complicated and generates bad feelings if you can't keep up with others. I'm 65 yrs old and I've been riding alone for 43 years and I love it. I ride at my own pace and take the corners at my leisure and comfort level. It's just ME and the Big Girl and the road, nothing else.!!

I just spent Saturday riding with two very skilled riders and my Dad on his Harley. Dad's never hit twisties at all and when I hit 'em, I'm either pretty consistent or a mess. I told the two skilled riders to have a blast; we'll meet 'em at the other end of the route, and Dad and I took our time.

If I ever hear flack from fellow riders for "riding my ride" then I'd just not ride with 'em anymore...ride your own ride, give yourself time, get seat time in and it'll come to you. Don't ever feel pressured to keep up with others, EVER...doesn't matter what you're riding, you ride your own pace and within your own comfort zone. I've been 130 mph on my Busa ONCE, that was it for me...I know it's potential and I don't care to meet it. I love the bike and so what if I don't ride it like I'm at Maxton...it's a motorcycle, two wheels, a motor and me...no pressure to be any more than that :thumbsup:

just ride at your own pace you will find others that ride the same just because you have a busa doesnt mean you have to take it to its limit, your riding because you enjoy it and the freedom you have on it, and you like the bike, take some time and get comfy on it and have fun..:thumbsup:

first off if they are real friends they will wait for you! second never ride outside your comfort zone you WILL GET HURT! I have maxed out my busa so many times it isnt funny, but once in a while my friends go off and I just get a weird feeling and I dont go.. bottom line is if you like the bike keep it if your friends dont want to wait up dump them and get new ones. I ride with alot of people and I am always in the top 3 we all wait for our friends. thats what real friends do..

@ Devil and Hanna When I say I am not riding like I want to I am saying that I cannot seem to push it enough to keep up with the young guys in my group who ride like they are on a track. I have practiced and practiced and to no avail fear just keeps me from pushing the bike past my comfort zone. @ Hanna I bought the bike because my friend gave me a real good deal on it and yes this bike is my dream bike. My friend had been teaching me certain things as techniques but he isn't riding we me any more. Dont get me wrong I love the bike I just think I will be unable to continue out alone without my friend to help.

if your trying to corner on a busa it is harder it can be done I do it, however some young thundercat on a 600 or 750 or even a liter bike will take a pretty good rider on a busa . a busa will corner but its really a straight line bike aka sport touring. either way it sounds to me you just need more seat time as stated before to build up your confidence! But do not push yourself to keep up you will get hurt. then soon you will be taking out the 600 and 750's and liter bikes in the corners well some of them

Last edited:
Bottom line is this. If you are comfortable on the bike and it'd the bike of your dreams then no reason to get rid of it. I have had 600's run faster through corners, hell I was once out run through twisties by a guy on a goldwing. Ride what you like, no matter what bike you have it will never be fast enough to ride with certain people. I ride with all levels of riders it is never a contest or chance to belittle fellow riders, it is a fun thing to do with the right people. Find new people to ride with!!! If they ain't helping you then their hurting you.

Enjoy the bike and the time spent with it. And always ride at your pace, you have nothing to prove to anyone but just the joy of being on 2 wheels. I like riding with a group but also by myself, and I always ride only for me at the Pace I set for myself. I ride with my sons and being young they think they have to ride faster than their old father, I don't care. I know my limitations and stay within them, I also know I have 45 years on the road with 2 wheels and nothing more to prove to anyone.

Back