Mr. Turbo Busa ?

cyberwolf1

Registered
I am looking to put a Mr. Turbo system on my 2001 Busa. Does anyone here in the forums have one of these bad boys on their Busa?
Are there any inherent problems etc...?
Oh ya, my other question is what happens to the fuel injection ? Does it get replaced by a carb ?

Thanks in advance

Are you talking about motor head ? If so, he wants me to buy some 8000 dollar water injected, intercooled ,B.J. machine, turbo.
I am only looking to spend 4500 or so.

yep.
but the Getto kit for 3700 is the way to go unless you want big hp then 4500 will not even get you close 8K -15K is that price
Trust me

JohnnyCheese. I'm begining to see that you are the man when it comes to mods on the busa. I'm glad someone like you responds to posts daily, it really helps everyone out. Thanks for all of the info you put out.

Yes indeed.
I talked to motor head today, and I am going to go check his shop out.
He explained to me what the differences between Mr. Turbo and motor head turbos are.

Thanks for the heads up man.

Dennis is a stand up guy, you won't be disappointed in his product or his service. Since you are already in Ohio, you should have no other concideration.

What will this do to the reliability of my busa ? Is this thing going to pound the piss out of my engine ? I go to the strip 10 or so times during the year. The rest of the time is spent tooling around town.

Can anyone hop in here that has a tuboed busa ?

Feedback is much appreciated.

No problem I will move it. Whol diffrent ball came if you are going to race. Lots of things you need to do ad learn before you just pop on a turbo. Should be tons and tons of info that I posted along with many othrs.

What will this do to the reliability of my busa ? Is this thing going to pound the piss out of my engine ? I go to the strip 10 or so times during the year. The rest of the time is spent tooling around town.

Just like any Mod, it will cut down the reliabilty.

If you keep the turbo around $260-270hp you will be fine.

Use full gauges A/F A/P & Boost. This is to monitor your bike.

Have it tuned by a pro or you may be pushing down the street.

Water injection is an added precaution and will only cost about $600 additional or so, for a AquaMist system.

If you are going to drag race you will need to cosider stretching the bike and also put in a Billet output shaft.

Stretch it for the tack ad it will not be the best for the curves.

Do some reading in this forum and you should be able to figure this out on your own! In fact, search on my posts for my Saga. If you want a turbo'd busa, you are probably much better off buying a used one and selling your non-turbo'd bike. I have seen a lot of awesome deals on turbo busa's lately. poop, I would sell mine in a heartbeat if I could get 1/2 of what I spent on it back.

I HATE my turbo bike.

yah, I can't believe how little turbo'd bikes go for..... http://classifieds.dragbike.com/ is a great place to watch, I thought heavily about buying a ZX11 that was on there.....turbo'd, freshly rebuilt, extended swingarm, air shifter, multi-staged boost controller.

They were asking $3500....jeeze!  you can't even get a turbo kit for that!  Who CARES if they are lieing and it needs a rebuild....you're still way ahead.

Seems like mods do nothing but lower the value of most bikes for some reason....except Harleys of course....

<!--EDIT|Uncle Bob
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094370826 -->

It is so different over here in australia the last turbo busa sold at my shop for $28000 aus dollors,to buy a new busa will set you back $16000 aus dollors.
But after all the problems I have read about with turbo kits in the usa I would not buy one even it was going for $3000 us dollors.
Why the f.ck are the so much turbo f.ck ups with street turbo kits in the usa. PLEASE TELL ME WHY & WHAT THE HELL IS GOING WRONG WITH STREET TURBO KITS IN THE USA?
rock.gif
?
IS IT BAD QUALITY FUEL OR IS PEOPLE JUST TURNING THE BOOST UP TO MUCH ON PUMP GAS???

As for MR Turbo kits if it fits the first time I will give you a gold medial.
Fitted 6 so far & thay are well I can’t say you may get offended by what I think about them.
Apart from not fitting, most parts will have to be reworked to fit under your tank & to fit under your fairing & putting a turbo on your bike that don’t spool up until its all over, come on at least use a good turbo that spins up with out the ade of a hand drill.
There a lot of good turbo kits on the market like Velocity & NLR don’t buy a kit that's cheap or you will be telling all of us how it fuc.d up in the future.

It is  so different over here in australia the last turbo busa sold at my shop for $28000 aus dollors,to buy a new busa will set you back $16000 aus dollors.
But after all the problems I have read about with turbo kits in the usa I would not buy one even it was going for $3000 us dollors.
Why the f.ck are the so much turbo f.ck ups with street turbo kits in the usa. PLEASE TELL ME WHY & WHAT THE HELL IS GOING WRONG WITH STREET TURBO KITS IN THE USA?
rock.gif
?
IS IT BAD QUALITY FUEL OR IS PEOPLE JUST TURNING THE BOOST UP TO MUCH ON PUMP GAS???
As I said before it is not really the kits, but the lack of knowledge with the kits. everyone is in to the most HP and keep pushing the kits to the limits or they do NO recautions. Starting to see more educations with the turbos these days.

I have had a Mr T unit on my 03Anv this summer  and for Street ridding, day to day, on Biz calls this bike has been 99% a dream come true. as for the Mr T unit well I get a lot of this brand, or that brand, stuff and I get the Mr Turbo kit is "old school" ......

Well I want old school, you can get a more boost or more numbers, more efficiency out of other units - TRUE.  The turbo unit Mr T uses is good (been used for years, it's FAA apv) unit. it's good enough for a small airplane then it was good to get me back from Sturgis (9th time out 1st on a Turbo Busa,
smile.gif
Loved it ) I have put over 6,000 miles from the time I picked up the bike (with the turbo on it, June 04)
I have the the unit set only to push 235-240hp (I run 5-7Lbs) now. but for running in the real world (Zero Track time) the bike has been a good runner but order a extra oil pump ($90) you could never need it but you will have one.

a lot of people are getting into selling kits but Terry at Mr T has been doing this for years. If wanted a bike that could pull big numbers or best time, make it all it could be, heck I would ask NE or IM for help (they know so much bike stuff it's wild) but if you want only 230-250 hp -  face it 240hp on a busa is just  BIG TIME FUN and you can tour on this thing all day long (i had 2ea 14 hour days with full packs ,a gel seat and felt better that any of my big rides

a "old school, mellow, 240Hp, tire smoke'n turbo busa is gift from the GODS"

(Ya I love my BUSA)

what ever unit you buy you will love if, the setup fits your needs.

if you want numbers only, you will never have time to ride it, only time to work on it....
smile.gif

smile.gif

Back