MPS Fast FI / Fuel Addition Questions

AugeredIn

Registered
Alright, I am going to go back to a nitrous system on the '05. Previous system was WOT controlled and while it was alright, I really want to have a push button system.

I have been perusing the threads looking at setups and the setup in RedFalcos thread is the most appealing. I have questions, however.

We all know when you press the button and activate the NOS, we need to add fuel. If you have a WOT system, it is pretty easy with the PCIII. You really are playing with the 100% throttle rpms only. When you press the button on a system like the one shown in the thread shown above, you could be at less than 100% throttle and anywhere on the rpm curve as long as you are in the rpm window limits. Since there is no way to link the PCIII map to a third input, you are just guessing at the locations to add extra fuel. In reality you are going to add fuel at chart locations where you are not shooting.

That brings us to a pump accelerator. It looks to me that the MPS Fast FI is the obvious answer as it has a trigger the sets off the instant rich function....... It took all of this to get to my questions.

It appears that the instant rich function locks on the fuel pump and injectors at maximum rate. That means that the function is really only maximzed for a specific nos loading right? In other words the fuel pump /injector flow might be too much for a 20 shot but too little for a 60 shot?

Does anyone have any idea what the ideal load would be? Have I completely missed the boat here? Anyone have a better idea for control?

Well, not sure on the MPS Box, but im pretty sure you could still use your pc3 with the "push button" kit. you still SOULD NEVER engage n2o unless your @ 100% throttle, So for that you could go into your map and bump up your 100% Table's to adjust for n2o. Like most say, the BEST WAY, would be to put it on a dyno and tune A/F raito for the n2o. I found a pretty good pc3 table caculator for nos, too bad it's not that easy for the 08's :banghead: but here ya go brother http://www.schnitzracing.com/technical_corner.htm <==Click here and scroll down.
BTW, all this is just my .02(take it for what itz worth), GIXX 1300R is the man when it comes to N2O "IMHO", he will prob chime in and help you out in a bit :beerchug:

Last edited:
The MPS box will be too much for a 20 shot. It will be just about right for a 60-70 shot. The 60-70shot will still be a little rich but that is a good thing with N2O. Call Dan at MPS. He created the MPS box and can answer all of your questions.

The MPS box will be too much for a 20 shot. It will be just about right for a 60-70 shot. The 60-70shot will still be a little rich but that is a good thing with N2O. Call Dan at MPS. He created the MPS box and can answer all of your questions.

Hey Gixx, Probably know the answer to this already but, does this box work on the 08's ALSO? Thx

I stopped into Dan's shop the other day and put a bug in his ear. My a box that will progressively control all 8 injectors and the Nitrous would be nice.

I stopped into Dan's shop the other day and put a bug in his ear. My a box that will progressively control all 8 injectors and the Nitrous would be nice.

Hell ya :beerchug: That would be a NICE, "SIMPLE" set up! Did he have any idea's of release date, or is this just in concept stage? Thx

Hell ya :beerchug: That would be a NICE, "SIMPLE" set up! Did he have any idea's of release date, or is this just in concept stage? Thx

Nope. He just looked at me and smiled. The concept is simple. Get a box that can read the injector duty cycle and progress from that starting point. Example. If your injectors are at 60% duty cycle at 6000 rpm at WOT then the injectors can get gradually ramped up to 80% at 6000 rpm,90% at 8000rpm and 100% at 10,000 rpm. Also read the TPS so it only sprays at WOT. Right now the FI box instantly goes to 100% duty cycle on the injectors.

Old tread but actual for me

Were is the best place to conect the MPs fast Fi box to the injector cables ?

Anyone has a pic ?

i dont like the scotchlocks much . Best way and where do conect ?

Old tread but actual for me

Were is the best place to conect the MPs fast Fi box to the injector cables ?

Anyone has a pic ?

i dont like the scotchlocks much . Best way and where do conect ?

The best way is to solder the connections and use heat shink to tidy it all up.

Thanks Gixx

Best place for me would be direct near to the conector to ECU , as my cables are a bit short.

Must i look for something special ? (mean something other than propper working and soldering)

Thanks Gixx

Best place for me would be direct near to the conector to ECU , as my cables are a bit short.

Must i look for something special ? (mean something other than propper working and soldering)

Under the tank,closest to the connector as possible. The MPS Instant Rich Box overides the injector signal and send it to the injector so the closer the better. Nothing else special is needed.

Back