mph and lunch rpm's

los91

Registered
hi guys i have a 05 turbo with 8lbs of boost .. i ran the 1/4 mile last week ... i had a 1.7 60 " 9.40 at 150 ... im 200lbs i have 18/46 ...do yall think the mph is close to right or should it be higher ...and do yall think 18/48 will help the et. and mph.. i had two passes do to a little oil leak so i know i can get my 60" to about 1.5s....any advice will be helpfull ....btw i went faster last year with the stock motor but now i have low 9.5 pistons its a whole different bike ...

los91 i was in the same boat u are in.....sounds like to me that u are letting the rpms drop due to the low et....but the gearing is about right for your weight...biggest thing is gonna be is SEATTIME.....listen to these guys they know their stuff and be patient...turbos area different ballgame trust me and im still learning

you are right ...conrad long ..i hold it at about 7500-8000 but when i leave it drops too about 7000 ...practice is going to make me better i guess ... man that low compression motor is a mother:laugh::laugh::laugh:

it takes time to get it to all come together....i have a 2step on mine set at 7500 rpm so im wide open when i release the clutch...im playing with gearing right now currently im running 18/43 set up

i was thinking about a 2step but didn"t know if it would work on a turbo bike ..its so hard to hold 8000 rpm without letting it drop so that might be a good idea.i need to learn it at 10lbs before i get a ams1000 and go to about 20lbs

Did you flash the ECU with EE for gear map in N? This will dump more fuel in the motor to spool the turbo with no load with the clutch in. Neutral map (clutch in) trims fuel and will take longer to get into boost when launched.

Good luck

~JH

i thank so ... stedmans motor sport tune the bike down in alabama.. ill have to ask jay if he did that i know he flash the ecu.... dont know what could have the mph so low ...150-153 1/4 mile that seems off...

he flashed the ecu ,got a hub with a 3bar map sen. so it add fuel as it see's boost..me and( conrad long ) talked he's right im holding the clucth in to long and not rolling the throttle quick enough..so we think i not fully in the boost .:banghead::banghead:.bout it sure feels like it .boy but when i get it right:laugh::laugh:

New guy here with the same problem. Recently picked up a low miles 03 Turbo running 8lbs and low comp pistons. Horrible 60ft 1.9, and only trapping 117mph at the 1/8. Hitting 147 out the back and 10.0...having someone watch me at the line it seems not only is my rpms dropping I'm not getting it open as I slide the clutch out. I'm also stock gearing and 235 without gear.

thats the key tommyv...gettn the throttle pinned off the start....when its not done right you will think something is up with the bike bt 90% of the time its the rider...when u get a low 60ft the bike will not run any faster than a stock bike and u will be like wtf is up lol...it takes time bro the power is there we just got to unleash it

Did you flash the ECU with EE for gear map in N? This will dump more fuel in the motor to spool the turbo with no load with the clutch in. Neutral map (clutch in) trims fuel and will take longer to get into boost when launched.

Good luck

~JH

Is this for the gen1 also or just gen2 ecu??

Back