Turbo bike horrible results, will Shinko help that much?

hezekiahmunson

Registered
Ive got a 2005 with Hahn stage 1 kit on it and 6" stretch, stock engine, 6psi. When I bought it last year, it was leaking into the coolant blowing coolant out the overflow bottle. I ran it like that a little and got a best of 10.0 at 150, spinning a little in 2nd, with a measly 2.0 60'. Im running the stock Pirelli. I finally got the 60' down to 1.7 and ran 6.3 at 120 at the end of last year.

Over the winter I put a spacer in it, Cometic gasket and ARP studs. I put the cams in as they were on stock sprockets, so 3 degrees advanced because of the spacer. Im still on that stock Pirelli and took it out yesterday, it makes more power now so more tire spinning, doesnt hook until 4th gear now, my best time was 1.7 60' 10.1 at 149mph. Even with so much spinning I really though I would go faster than 149mph, can the spinning wipe that much mph off? I realize Im losing a little power on the cams advanced but that much? Once it gets into 4th and 5th it pulls alot harder this year with it fixed, I am shocked it doesnt mph better.

I have a Shinko ultra soft I am putting on this week. Will my mph come up with better traction or Im wondering if there is something else wrong with the bike. Is the Shinko really that much better than stock tire? I hope so I cant afford a boost controller setup right now. Thanks for any advice!!

Some old fart on here would tell you to use a Q2...but I say you should try that Shinko...it's THE tire to use at the strip :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes you are loosing MPH due to spinning the rear tire! As they say... (Tire spinning or smoking as you are taking off) all show... no go! Turbo's like load... if the tire blows off... you have no load... and the turbo needs to be under load. Putting a better stickier tire should help. Also your gearing can be a factor if you changed it?! As in added more teeth on the rear or subtract a tooth from the front sprocket.

i agree you are loosing a lot of mph...shinks good for track...nice flat profile...warm it up good...let her have it..

I would say a better tire will help you for sure. Also make sure the tire is hot and sticky to help hook better. As far as gearing I wouldn't drop any teeth in the front, you don't want to spin that chain since your making some power.

Thanks for all of the replies, I got the Shinko put on yesterday and am going to take it to Atco tomorrow to see what I can do with it. Hopefully better than last weekend, that sucked!

Thanks, I didnt make it out on the weekend it was so cold and windy, hopefully this weekend will be better. I'll definitely post up what happens with the new tire.

I also have a Turbo Hayabusa putting out 254hp at 6lbs boost with a Velocity stage 1 turbo. I had no luck with the Ultra soft but went with the Shinko Hook Up from Spencer Cycle. I have had no problems sticking the back tire off the line. BTW I am stretched 4".

The Shinko fixed the spinning problem, I think it would hook in dirt it did so good. The stock Pirelli sport tire was like on ice. I only made three passes, they were all very low skill passes with me riding and losing fuel pressure after the 1/8th but I gained 3.5mph to the 1/8th (123.6) compared to two weekends ago on the Pirelli. Thanks for all the replies. Third pass was 1.69 6.37 and 9.65, got a long way to go!

Back