Moving to Sacramento

OB_buzzlatka

Registered
I am moving to Sacramento next week, specifically the pocket area. I rode the busa up this weekend and parked it in it's new garage.
I have seen many folks on this board from Sac and was wondering if you have the scoop on things... Good rides, bike shops, mechanics, etc.
Also I will now start exploring the northern california roads. I think I have explored every road in central/southern CA.

Thanks

Good luck with the move. Give highway 49 a try. The riding around the Auburn, Downieville area is very scenic and historic. The gold country areas, around Lake Tahoe, Highway 70 along the Feather River Canyon. Lots of options available to ya once the weather starts to warm back up.

I live in Fairfield right now and am moving to Marysville (above Sac) in a couple of weeks. We should hook up sometime after I get everything straight with this darn turbo setup. Did you just buy a house?? If so congrats.

Welcome to town!! I've only been here a couple of years, so I don't really know a whole lot....but I'd love to ride with ya!

I need to ride up to Sac and ride with some of you Sactonians.
laugh.gif

I'm in El Dorado Hills which is just east of Sacramento, when you are in the mood for a ride drop an email and we can hook up. There are alot of twisty roads here. Plus Tahoe is only an hour ride away, at least at the speed I ride. But there are alot of nice roads.

I am moving to the pocket area, just west of I-5 and florin road. Thanks for the response.

Do you guys have a favorite local shop for maintenance and parts? I have been to that huge place in roseville but they were pretty rude.

Also, are there any good rides-twisties and no traffic- that are still good in the winter. Down in Central CA when the snow hits the sierras we still have a lot of good riding in the coastal hills year round. Looks like 70 and 49 get snow in the winter.

Booyah, have you ever seen jets fly over you while on 70. There is a low level training route that cruises right up that canyon. I have been there many times in a jet.
Thanks

yeah the one in roseville is not that good its about a mile from my work. i got my bike from good times on auburn blvd. in sacramento.they are really nice guys. your proubly 5-10 miles from my place i live by 50 highway

Welcome to sportbikers best kept secret : Northern California

check out www.pashnit.com

Welcome to sportbikers best kept secret : Northern California

check out  www.pashnit.com
Man, I'm amazed how many local busa riders there are around here!

Buzz - welcome to Sac!  Lived there for 10 yrs while I cast a very wide net to generate all the material for the = . There's so many amazing roads here around Sac in a 200 mile radius, it'll make your head spin.

We also have this... pashnittours.com and this too... pashnitforum.com.

Although finally escaped to the mountains - work in Carmichael for H&R Block Mortgage (refinancing).  Are you buying house?  Prop values here are out of control.

400-IceHouse-tim-passion.jpg

I used to live near that area around Meadowview, why do you call it the "pocket area"? Its the extreme southwest end of Sac. Anytime of the year is good for the river road south clear to Isleton or even the Antioch bridge. You can ride either side of the river. Make no mistakes though, as the Sacramento river can be cold (and) deep. During the non winter months, riding up to Truckee and heading north on 89 is a great ride all the way to Lassen Park. Great two lane in the open areas and under the trees. Heading towards Paradise from Lassen you'll find a great canyon to carve with a railroad track on one side and tall cliffs on the other. Nice area and very warm in the summer. Head towards the bay area and I can show you all the two lanes in the Santa Cruz Mts and hiway 1. Little cooler over here though.

Pashnit,

I have lurked on your website quite a bit. I was finally happy to see you add some central california roads like 198, 245, and 190.

I bought a ridiculously priced house. At least I got some cash off the house down here. Basically paid 380,000 for 1700 sq ft, 20 yrs old.

CBX rider,
Not that I am an expert on SAC, but the pocket area is just west of I-5 along the SAC river between 43rd and pocket rd. It is just west of land park. I think it is also called Greenhaven? As for the Cruz mountains, I have dabbled a little bit on my way up hwy 25 to the bay. I have hit the infamous skyline rd and a few other small ones in the woods that I can't remember.
Looking forward to some good rides.

a road you may want to check out is Salmons Falls Road, its a fun little ride as long as there is no Harley run going on, and it also starts about 1 mile from my house, which could be a good meeting place for anyone who wants to get together and do a run.

Salmon Falls is a fairly good road as well as Latrobe Road. But with the amount of bike accidents and bike vs car accidents the popo really patrol the two well. It is not often you can ride the route without seeing a highway patrolman on the watch.
sad.gif

Knowing both individuals here (Psychoz & Flrider)  I smell a great deal of something!  Never speed? HA!!!!!

Pashnit or anyone else ... got any good roads for winter spins? Up here it's a bit nippy and slippery when u head towards the mt's. I did road 306 last winter a couple times, but not very twisty, still fun though. - Kent

Back