movement in the top clamp??? normal on the rubbers?

MUNKI

Registered
Hi I recently removed the riser blocks from my triple top clamp so they were back to stock/standard, but have found a tiny tiny bit of play where the top clamp which holds the handles id mounted to the top triple clamp, all 4 sets of rubbers are there, and they are now pinched up as tight as i can get it, however this teeeeeeny bit of play had made me wanna ask,.... is this normal,...????

Also Brace urself for some upsetting news,.... Last week i binned it,....Thanks to a 67 year old on a push bike, The old guys ok, came away with a couple of grazes, my knee is buggered and the busa's right hand fairing is buggered as it the sock can on the right side too the crash bung did an awesome job, slightly scuffed barend, his push bike put a dink in the tank and cracked screen, plus i had my new bright hi viz jacked on and a white lid, But yet i wasnt seen,...Who'da thought a push bike crossing your path could cause so much havoc :S Shes not hurt too bad im sure i can rebuild her and make her almost new looking again but im now without transport for work,..

just working on getting her fixed,.. and wanna know if this tiny bit of play in the rubbers is normal or not.

yes it is normal thats why it is rubber. Its supposed to absorb vibration.

Cheers that helps loads,... just got a new set of cans to get, and a screen, a new crash bung, and front mudguard, and possibly a repair and repaint on my right hand fairing,...

Back