Mounting a Camera on the Busa

And then I read your first post and saw that you even said it is adjustable. Sorry again, that's what I get for speaking before I listen.
mad.gif

Its pretty versatile, you can film over your windscreen or through it with the gauges in the picture.  No problems like what NE mentioned earlier...

Hope this helps,  Bill
Looks like that one would get in the way when you're doing high enough speeds that you need to tuck.

I've been to Okinawa, if I recall correctly, isn't the max speed limit about 75 or 80 kph? I don't guess that mount would matter much there.

Kev

I was there in '87 and again in '88
Yeah 80 KMPH Legally...

Very few policemen though.

I use a stemstand and it works great.  The camcorder I have is a Sony HandyCam and the only issue I have with it is that the tape can miss under heavy acceleration.  The way I have found to get around this is to make sure that if I am using the camera on the bike is to use only new tapes.  Once used they are not rewound as tight as a new one is.  Other then that I'm not sure what else to do.
I am afraid that the stemstand would rotate while driving

how sung it the fit and what prevent it from rotating?
There are three o-rings that hold the stemstand in place.  A little spit and a good push to slide it in the stem and it doesn't move.

If you don't mind a 45meg download goto the movie page and check out Tail Of The Dragon. I taped it earier this year. It jumps a little due to bad software and low memory on my computer at the time. I am also slow in the twisties so bear with me.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100756276 -->

stand.JPG

I have the sportbikecam.com mount...easy for everything..
Only problem I have with it is that it takes for ever to unscrew the black knob in the picture. Not shown is the base that works good with both my still and video camera. I'll try to upload the a video I have to the video page.....

199071018NgRbfW_ph.jpg

I use a stemstand and it works great. The camcorder I have is a Sony HandyCam and the only issue I have with it is that the tape can miss under heavy acceleration. The way I have found to get around this is to make sure that if I am using the camera on the bike is to use only new tapes. Once used they are not rewound as tight as a new one is. Other then that I'm not sure what else to do.
I am afraid that the stemstand would rotate while driving

how sung it the fit and what prevent it from rotating?
There are three o-rings that hold the stemstand in place. A little spit and a good push to slide it in the stem and it doesn't move.

If you don't mind a 45meg download goto the movie page and check out Tail Of The Dragon. I taped it earier this year. It jumps a little due to bad software and low memory on my computer at the time. I am also slow in the twisties so bear with me.
on there web site it's not obvious that the securing bolt for the camera comes with the stand.
Does it?

I have the sportbikecam.com  mount...easy for everything..
Only problem I have with it is that it takes for ever to unscrew the black knob in the picture.  Not shown is the base that works good with both my still and video camera. I'll try to upload the a video I have to the video page.....
That's a great pic.

Can u say Hillbilly cam ?
rock.gif
I actually took some good stuff with this on the Harley road trip this summer also have had good results with sponge foam craddle cut and duct taped to the tank. Duct tape glue comes off real easy with wd-40.
smile.gif

epic_trip_04_076.jpg

..I am going for a helmet cam (the best absorber for vibrations - the human body.. ..and it looks the way YOU look.. ) combined with an Archos DVR - the only way to go really in our Digital era.. Acceptable to quite ok quality (certainly better than terrestrial tv!..) flexible and an enormous amount of digital tricks & gimmicks you just can't do with a handycam..

Ah! I forgot.. and NO TAPES!..
smile.gif
HD 20 to 100GB.. ..talking about A LOT of rides..

I went out and bought an inexpensive digital video cam tonight to try tomorrow. I got what I paid for, the record stop button is broken. Can't take one video or snapshot. When will I learn?
sad.gif

Back