Mototeck Undertail kit installed

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I finally got around to installing my Mototeck undertail...it looks good; I'm happy with the results...

Some words about Mototeck, located in Canada...they originally shipped the wrong color/year, but were great to deal with and had a replacement shipped and to my door in a matter of days.  They didn't even ask me to send the original one back first, so the exchange was flawless...they even sent along a set of front flushmounts for the mix-up, free of charge...

Once we got the undertail installed, 3 of the 4 blinker lights weren't working.  Another call and they've promised to send me several replacement bulbs at no charge...bottom line - they were very easy to deal with and the price wasn't too bad.  I think by the time we bought the painted undertail, paid shipping and an import fee, it was just over $300...the customer service was excellent, so that's worth a lot when you have questions/problems...

I'm somewhat surprised at how little storage space I lost with the installation.  I didn't take pics along the way simply because it was so cold, I kept thinking I wouldn't get the project done anyway!  I was able to keep the tank stand clipped under the hump, as well as the tool kit, paperwork, a map, my wallet, etc.  Not nearly as much lost as I'd expected.

The overall look is good; bit more gap around the undertail around the lights, but it's nothing I haven't seen with other kits, and once it was all put together, it didn't bother me.  I think the only complaint I have about the undertail is that there's not much keeping it in place.  Only 6 little plastic clips hold it on, so I'm thinking I may beef that up some just so nothing falls off...I had to take the stock light brace (inside the tail) out, so some of the rigidity might have been compromised.  I haven't taken it for a spin, but it sure does look nice to see that wide rear tire!

Oh, and the blinkers are in the tail lights, as well as separate blinkers up along the underside (not very noticeable)...

Just wanted to share what I've done...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "added more info...talkative today!"|1074704699 -->

Mototeck1.JPG

biggrin.gif
Notice hubby's Harley...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "had to point out the Harley"|1074703617 -->

Mototeck5.JPG

I was thinking I wanted a hugger, but since the bike's been lowered, I don't think I'll have enough clearance...
sad.gif

I was thinking I wanted a hugger, but since the bike's been lowered, I don't think I'll have enough clearance...
sad.gif
You are correct, mine barely had usable clearance and it was not lowered. If yours is lowered it would hit for sure. Kind of funny though, I am removing my Mototeck undertail because I decided that I like the stock look better. I hope I don't change my mind again.

Yours looks very nice and clean. Good job.

sad.gif
You are correct, mine barely had usable clearance and it was not lowered. If yours is lowered it would hit for sure.  Kind of funny though, I am removing my Mototeck undertail because I decided that I like the stock look better. I hope I don't change my mind again.

Yours looks very nice and clean. Good job.
Really? You liked the stock rear better? I have always hated that rear fender...and how do you go back?! I cut the damn thing off; there's nothing to re-attach!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info on the hugger though; that'll save me from wasting the time and money to learn the hard way...

Hey I mean it's everyone personal preference but I still stand firmly against plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons.... Heh.

New tail looks good VA. Very Nice...

Hey I mean it's everyone personal preference but I still stand firmly against plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons....  Heh.

New tail looks good VA.  Very Nice...
Oh Revlis...just admit it, you're jealous!  
tounge.gif

Surely, it gives more HP than your rear mod?  That was true plastic surgery!
jump9.gif

Nice clean look. I would probably paint the push pin fasteners to blend in with the silver. I just don't know if I like the lights, they remind me of old fashioned truck signals. I like Icemans a lot but, it is so much more high tech than the front signals are. I like to have a good flow all the way around. Not trying to dis on anyones stuff, just personal preference. It does give it a clean look, kind of a cali look. Good job! Oh yeah, look I have Fubu on! Nice Hardly,
tounge.gif

Nice job Michelle.
beerchug.gif
I'm still tossing the undertail idea around. I kind of like the looks of the new one MOTORHEAD at suzukihayabusa.org is making. Not as dressy as some of the others in the lighting department but it looks like it'd allow more lowering at the drag strip than most others seem to. Don't know what I'm gonna do yet. I'm really leaning toward the MOTORHEAD piece or a Tiger Tail.

Looks very good vabusa. I think you should install a integrator to use your tail light as signals I think the signals that the undertail brings are hard to see especially when your sitting on your bike. Ref hugger I think you should install one, they look really good just lift up the back a little.

Caesar's hiney is so nice n shiney.    
jump9.gif

You are soooo awesome!  It really changes the look of the bike....it looks great and I know you're extremely happy.  Have your hands thawed out yet???

Now, slap that sticker on his tail!!!  Yeah, you know the one I mean....  lol

Congrats to you Michelle!

ciao bella!!!
Kris

beerchug.gif

Looks very good vabusa. I think you should install a integrator to use your tail light as signals I think the signals that the undertail brings are hard to see especially when your sitting on your bike. Ref hugger I think you should install one, they look really good just lift up the back a little.
The tail lights have blinkers, as well as the blinkers along the underside...I don't think I can raise the rear back up because I really needed the bike lowered to keep from dropping the damn thing! I'm thinking that since I can't have a hugger, I'll look at some sort of protective covering for the underside...or, I'll just not worry about it and expect damage from rocks, live with it, and move on
tounge.gif

mctrull - I'll take pics with them lit as soon as I get the replacement bulbs since 3 of the 4 were broken...

Thanks everyone else...I like it...

Back