Mototeck   sucks ass!

Bad Dog

Registered
I recently purchased a mototeck painted undertail and hugger from this company. This is what I received.

1). Flimsy poorly finished undertail.
2). Flimsy poorly finished hugger that was warped!
mad.gif

Right out of the shipping box BOTH items were scratched and not color matched for the 1999 model bike.

There were no instructions or mounting hardware
The tabs on the undertail were so flimsy that when I went to drill small holes for the body pins the tabs cracked and broke off.
The hugger was warped and it fails to protect the undertail from road debris.
Both glass lenses for the undertail were poorly finished and at one point I almost lost both of them because the epoxy they used to attach them to the led sockets was below standard.
Also, some wires were attached incorrectly and had to be reworked.

I had already made modifications to the bike to accept this undertail so I got screwed big time on this one!.
angry.gif

I'm sure some 'Busa owners had purchased these items and everything turned out o.k. Thats cool, but it didn't work out that way for me in this instance.

Just my .02

Bad Dog,

Sorry to hear about your bad purchase from mototeck.

Thanks for the info. for the future.

Hey Bad Dog, I have one on my 2002 and eveery thing went fine! On mototeck's websitee they have extensive instructions on how to install the undertail. Mine didnt need any extra mounting hardware, the tail light lenses are not glued, they simply screw on. I had no problem drilling the holes although the wirering was mixed up like yours. Just like cars I guess you can get a lemon. If busa owners are thinking about buying one from mototeck I would suggest reading the installation instruction first. I personally found it rather easy.

Hey CNJ,

Do you have any pictures of the undertail installed? I'm looking into getting one for my '02 soon but was thinking about trying to keep the stock tail light. Wasn't sure what I thought about the tail lights that come with it just from seeing them in the pictures on the website.

sad.gif
sorry, I have no pics. I know rece24x has good ones he probably will email to ya. I love the look of the lights, they come with LED bulbs which are cool to. Makes your busa differrent than your buddies to.

i received mine and Red05 and i put it on about a month ago...everything went smooth...i'll see if i can find the thread...in the meantime, here is a pic of Mototeck w/ HMF high mounts

IMG_0764__Medium_.JPG

(bkelley02 @ Jun. 01 2002,22:19) Hey CNJ,

Do you have any pictures of the undertail installed?  I'm looking into getting one for my '02 soon but was thinking about trying to keep the stock tail light.  Wasn't sure what I thought about the tail lights that come with it just from seeing them in the pictures on the website.
here's the install thread on mine

another thread resurrection.... 5 year old thread too! But what the hay... i've had a mototeck undertail on for over a year now with no issues and color match was fine...

laugh.gif
i didn't even notice they had pulled this one from the graveyard...i wonder if bkelley02 ever got an undertail installed
jump9.gif

Back