Motorhead undertail questions

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
I have been running a mototeck undertail but with my new stretch it doesn't look like it's going to work - at least not the license plate bracket, so I was considering the Motorhead undertail.

Is there much loss of trunk space? My C02 bottle just BARELY fits in my trunk now - was wondering if the Motorhead tail is better or worse as far as room goes.

Also - does the motorhead come with a license bracket and light?

ANy pics of the motorhead tail would be great - I tried the search function but came up with nothing.

I think the motorhead undertail you lose a little trunk space to make more room for lowering. There aren't really any undertails that will give you 'more' room if you have a stretched bike since your wheel isn't in the 'normal' place. And just about all will cause problems with the tag if you mount it back there. You need to stiffen the rear suspension up a bit to compensate for the stretch's leverage if you want to ride low.

You will loose trunck space,it basicly fits flush to the subframe. It comes with a flat peice of aluminum that you bend and mount your plate to. And you will need a intigrater kit of some sort. No light.

IM000138.jpg

4'' down 1''

IM000123.jpg

down 3''

IM000117.jpg

chevelle - was hoping you'd chime in.

The fact that it fits flush to the subframe is all I needed to know - it will work.  Guess I'll try and find a cheap LED for the license plate lamp, I already got a ticket for that a few years back on a CBR1000RR.

As always, thanks!

edit - and my bike is starting to look a lot like yours. Hopefully can get some good pics this week and post em.

Glad to help out when i can.

They are starting to look alike. Yours is a little longer. Do you have a spare master link ?

My crystal ball...... see's it getting shorter  
SHOCKED.gif

(chevelle @ Apr. 16 2007,15:43) Glad to help out when i can.

They are starting to look alike. Yours is a little longer. Do you have a spare master link ?

SHOCKED.gif
Your crystal ball was right - I'm going to take another 1.5 inches out of it. It will hook up if you get the tire real hot, but on most road surfaces it just spins in first.

First ride with Brocks ultra clutch mod as well - AWESOME mod!

DSC00016.JPG

well after ordering 45 days ago ( March 5th) I got my Motorhead undertail yesterday. I took it to my paint guy and he pointed out 3 areas with large spider cracks in the fiberglass. he is going to have to reglass over it and then prime and paint. Oh yeah they forgot the license plate bracket as well. To be honest I am glad I even got it since I was almost expecting to get screwed over after 30 days went by. I do like the look, just with someone built a better quality piece and shipped them in a reasonable amount of time

(idolan2005 @ Apr. 25 2007,16:06) well after ordering 45 days ago ( March 5th) I got my Motorhead undertail yesterday. I took it to my paint guy and he pointed out 3 areas with large spider cracks in the fiberglass. he is going to have to reglass over it and then prime and paint. Oh yeah they forgot the license plate bracket as well. To be honest I am glad I even got it since I was almost expecting to get screwed over after 30 days went by. I do like the look, just with someone built  a better quality piece and shipped them in a reasonable amount of time
I am shocked that you got it THAT fast.

you only had asked if any trunk space is lost and if it comes with a license bracket and light....

as far as business ethics or anything else... well, I'll leave that alone unless someone asks a question.

also, there's more than one company from which you can get the same product.. find the one that has it available, in stock, ready to ship and you'll get it in a more timely fashion.

(Commuta_Busa @ Apr. 26 2007,10:45) you only had asked if any trunk space is lost and if it comes with a license bracket and light....

as far as business ethics or anything else... well, I'll leave that alone unless someone asks a question.

also, there's more than one company from which you can get the same product.. find the one that has it available, in stock, ready to ship and you'll get it in a more timely fashion.
Yeah that's what I asked and thanks again to those that helped.

Where else besides hayabusaparts.com is the Motorhead tail available? - I wasn't aware I could get it somewhere else.

Not sure what you mean by business ethics and leaving it alone til someone asks a question?
rock.gif

(johnnycrash @ Apr. 26 2007,19:29)
(Commuta_Busa @ Apr. 26 2007,10:45) you only had asked if any trunk space is lost and if it comes with a license bracket and light....

Where else besides hayabusaparts.com is the Motorhead tail available? - I wasn't aware I could get it somewhere else.

Not sure what you mean by business ethics and leaving it alone til someone asks a question?
rock.gif
Owner of Hayabusaparts.com is also the owner and admin over at suzukihayabusa.org.

Dennis, goes by the name motorhead.

(johnnycrash @ Apr. 26 2007,16:29)

rock.gif
well, like I tell others... always be a little sceptic on claims made on the net. Alot of mouths stay closed about things just to try and steer clear of things. Sometimes I wish people who are in the know would just come out and be completely honest but it's hard to do so when you know what kind of effects it would have. No one wants to do anything that may effect their paycheck.

Think of it like a big pool full of little kids.... if someone pisses in the pool the kids around the one who pissed all know. Some will quietly move away and perhaps someone will point and blurt out "he pissed in the pool". At that moment everyone will jump out. It's never really proven who exactly pissed and many times the acuser is the only recognizable kid. Eventualy everyone gets back in the pool. Maybe the two kids work it out maybe not, but in any event the kids keep getting in the pool and no one mentiones anything else about the kid who pissed in the pool. Any new kids who hop in the pool are non the wiser and it's all good....

(johnnycrash @ Apr. 23 2007,10:08)

SHOCKED.gif
Your crystal ball was right - I'm going to take another 1.5 inches out of it.  It will hook up if you get the tire real hot, but on most road surfaces it just spins in first.

I had to laugh to myself the other day when i saw this post. As i had just ordered the brock clutch mod myself (just did the install,to bad it's raining out)

So what are we modding next.
laugh.gif

(chevelle @ Apr. 27 2007,14:38)
(johnnycrash @ Apr. 23 2007,10:08)

SHOCKED.gif
Your crystal ball was right - I'm going to take another 1.5 inches out of it.  It will hook up if you get the tire real hot, but on most road surfaces it just spins in first.

I had to laugh to myself the other day when i saw this post. As i had just ordered the brock clutch mod myself (just did the install,to bad it's raining out)

So what are we modding next.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm still playing catch up - my next mods are a billet sprocket cover and a bottle bracket on my swingarm.

Only thing left to mod after that is me - hopefully get down to 220 pounds or less and work on launching this thing.

laugh.gif

The next 2 mods are good ones. The 3rd one is the best mod there is. The improvement in accelleration and braking is hard to explain. I won't torture you with my current weight.

(heavybusa @ Apr. 16 2007,13:30) Your best bet is upgrade the spring and/or relocate the plate.
EXACTLY!! I have the Mototeck undertail with a +6 stretch, and I just moved the plate to the swingarm. No harm.... No foul...

Back