CO2 bottle for shifter + Motorhead tail

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone running an airshifter with the Motorhead undertail? Anyone have pics of where they mounted their CO2 bottle? I thought I could put it between the rear subframe and the tail section but it's looking pretty tight.

Does anyone make a bottle smaller than a 9 oz'er?

They make some small disposable units. I've been looking at the 1.5 and 3oz units. You have to use an adapter. It looks like it pierces it when you screw the bottle in. There is also a 3.5 oz bottle listed, but I have not seen one in person.

I'm betting the disposables are not DOT stamped if your track requires it.

Here is a link. Link

Mine is slid in the undertail storage beside my data logger, but I wish I had a bit more room. It will when I get rid of the over size regulator.

I'll try that 3.5 OZ bottle first - I know that will fit.

Great link - thanks a lot, Professor!

there's room...
AFinalinstallPhotos016.jpg

AFinalinstallPhotos003.jpg

np... there's plenty of room along the right side outside of the subframe rail... unless you've already stuck a tigerracing 2nd battery there. Even with the TMH undertail you can still cram a ton of stuff in there. The only con/down side is you have to take the tail off each time to swap bottles. They last a pretty darn long time though. 
beerchug.gif

I had been trying to mount a bottle on the left side so I could reach the regulator without removing the rear plastic (through the grab hole). My system leaks down over night if I leave the reg on - using polyline (or whatever it's called) and not braided line like you.

I'm going to try a 3.5 oz bottle just to see - I get weeks and weeks of shifts out of my 9 oz so hoping it will work.

I had been trying to mount a bottle on the left side so I could reach the regulator without removing the rear plastic (through the grab hole).  My system leaks down over night if I leave the reg on - using polyline (or whatever it's called) and not braided line like you.

I'm going to try a 3.5 oz bottle just to see - I get weeks and weeks of shifts out of my 9 oz so hoping it will work.
Fitting quality with polyline was my problem. I replaced all of mine with Parker brand. Left it on for 4 weeks without a loss of pressure.

Electric shifter, no air tanks, no leaks!
But that's just me
cool.gif

Left_side_shifter.JPG

Back