Motorcyclist Killed In High Speed Chase

The people supporting the officer's decision to chase the guy should use their heads a little more, and consider the cost of a human life. Many states have found officers chasing motorcyclists for speeding violations to be unacceptable. When chasing a speeding motorcyclist, the biker is in more danger than he would have been for just speeding, the life of the officer is in danger, and the lives of the people around the chase are put in danger when the massive cop car is pushing through traffic. Ultimately, if the consequences for speeding were not so damn high, people might flee less. I am willing to bet that nearly everyone here has had their Busas up well past 100mph on the street. In my state, if you get caught going at very high speeds, you are arrested, placed in jail, your bike is impounded, your license suspended and that is just the beginning. The way I see things, if I am going to jail anyway, and my bike is getting taken from me anyway, then I am going at least going to try to get away, because either way my ass is in the slammer. All of this set aside, it is not like the guy raped or murdered anyone. If an officer has to set aside his pride and not chase, because it puts the people he has sworn to serve and protect in even more danger, then so be it. I'm not saying the guy was in the right for speeding, or that bikes should not have to obey the speed limit. However, given that so many people get killed in this way, sometimes the officers, sometimes bystanders and sometimes the biker, it seems rational that a no chase policy should be adopted; that is, unless the crime of the motorcyclist is a little more severe. It's just my $ .02.

The whole speeding issue is simply revenue! Its a sickness that spans the globe???

Just stop...take the ticket...pay the fine or do the time depending on how bad you were being...but live to see another day. There is NO REASON to die on a bike for any traffic infraction. I would sooner have you live another day and tell you a joke than have to say a prayer for your family and friends.

Brian, I agree. That young man is dead because he made a very poor decision. That's it. Period.
Posted via Mobile Device
he should have never been on that sport bike to begin with. There are countless stories about young men killing them selves on sportsbikes because they arn't mature enough and experienced enough to handle them, We need laws like the UK has that use a graduation process that makes them earn the right to ride more powerful motorcycles. This madness has to stop.

Sorry Dr E, I'm not getting my ass thrown in the slammer with other more serious criminals, just because the law is flawed. If I am clocked going only slightly over, then I'll just take the ticket. That's fair. However, if I am going fast enough to have my possessions taken from me, and to be arrested and thrown in jail with more serious offenders for a traffic infraction, then I'm dropping it into 3rd and flying out of there. :superman:
My pop rides with a friend who is a cop here in Missouri, and even his friend told me to haul rear in those situations. He told me that in most situations they know they can't catch up, and even if they try, they can't catch you if you keep your cool. You haul butt, get off the highway, and get your bike off of the road for a few hours. BTW Pine, I couldn't agree with you more; it's all about the money and the chance for recognition for the ego pumped officer. Well, I hope the jerk who chased this kid is happy. I'm sure he thinks he was doing a real service to his community, keeping those speeding scum bags sportbikers off of his road. :banghead:

Very sad:unhappy: I have a 18 and could not imagine having to bury my son. My prayers go out to the family

Sorry Dr E, I'm not getting my ass thrown in the slammer with other more serious criminals, just because the law is flawed. If I am clocked going only slightly over, then I'll just take the ticket. That's fair. However, if I am going fast enough to have my possessions taken from me, and to be arrested and thrown in jail with more serious offenders for a traffic infraction, then I'm dropping it into 3rd and flying out of there. :superman:
My pop rides with a friend who is a cop here in Missouri, and even his friend told me to haul rear in those situations. He told me that in most situations they know they can't catch up, and even if they try, they can't catch you if you keep your cool. You haul butt, get off the highway, and get your bike off of the road for a few hours. BTW Pine, I couldn't agree with you more; it's all about the money and the chance for recognition for the ego pumped officer. Well, I hope the jerk who chased this kid is happy. I'm sure he thinks he was doing a real service to his community, keeping those speeding scum bags sportbikers off of his road. :banghead:

:thumbsup:

Very sad:unhappy: I have a 18 and could not imagine having to bury my son. My prayers go out to the family

I kept my bike's keys on my car keys so that my 18 year old could not pinch and ride my bike when I was out.

They are simply too young and inexpienced for a super bike.

He got his first ride at 24 and then only for a short distance.

All I needed was to loose him at that age.

I am of the oppinion that you need to be above a certain age and should have driver's training before riding a fast bike???

This is just plain dumb! You can't out run the radios. If you're not willing to do the time than don't do the crime. period! You're one of those guys that don't need their licence. Don't blame the cop for doing his job. So they shouldn't chase you cause they know they can't catch? Everyone on bikes would be speeding no matter where they're at.

This is just plain dumb! You can't out run the radios. If you're not willing to do the time than don't do the crime. period! You're one of those guys that don't need their licence. Don't blame the cop for doing his job. So they shouldn't chase you cause they know they can't catch? Everyone on bikes would be speeding no matter where they're at.

Frankly you should rather buy a bicycle???

You will have more fun with it:laugh:

Very sad! Last year we had two like that in Miami. In both incidents the rider died. In one of the chases the guy had his girfriend with him on the bike. She wasn't even protected by a helmet and died as well. What are these people thinking?
Stop and accept the ticket! You may even be let go or the ticket charge reduced just because of the fact that you stopped!

i got nabbed doin 130 in a65 i culdve ran but decided not and only got a written warning lucky as hell cop just gave me a safety speech, i was entering 287 from the parkway in nj and iwas justtryin to put some distance between me and the cagers that were tryin to kill me so sometimes its worth stoppin but personally im a fan of gettin away and for those of u who say u cant outrun a radio thats bs ive done it in a hyundai accent fer crist sakes sojust go with ur gut feelin
Posted via Mobile Device

We don't pit bikes. To do so would be deadly force.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sorry, I'm trying to be respectful , but we have all seen it done on video, more than once.

Not only that, even IF you get away, they'll just come to your house later and pick you up.

A perfect reason not to endanger the life of the cop, the rider, and everyone else in the area.
=========================================================

If the bike speeding is so dangerous, what happens when you add 5 squad cars doing the same speed. Are the 4000 lb squad cars less dangerous at speed than a 500lb bike because they are doing it for a "good" reason?

No solution is perfect, but inciting a reckless rider to be more reckless is not helping.

I'm sorry...I know there is LEO here and I'm a damn noob, but I feel very strongly about this.

Just the way I see it.

Rob

Back