Motorcycle Trailer...anyone used one of these?

BigDawg_03Busa

Registered
Motorcycle Trailer

sbc2_lg.jpg

If you decide to use it or any other trailering equipment try looking at the below link.

Air Liftkits for cars and trucks.
Click me too !

Just my .02
super.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118300051 -->

I would think the hayabusa is more than the 500lb tounge weight capacity for most vehicles... even that Sequoia.

If you plan to use something like that then it is best to at least have a class 3 hitch on your Vehicle i manaaged to snag an electic carry that is like that but it raises and loweres so there is no need for a ramp. thought that was safer and less worry of bike falling over when i loaded it. i don't use it much now since i got my ramp gate so i might be looking at selling it. it's good for 800lb lift capacity i have hauled my 4 wheeler around on it also
wow.gif

If you plan to use something like that then it is best to at least have a class 3 hitch on your Vehicle i manaaged to snag an electic carry that is like that but it raises and loweres so there is no need for a ramp. thought that was safer and less worry of bike falling over when i loaded it. i don't use it much now since i got my ramp gate so i might be looking at selling it. it's good for 800lb lift capacity i have hauled my 4 wheeler around on it also
wow.gif
Thanks Midnight!

Yes ... "Hooken" uses or used one to trailer his Busa to last year's Busa Bash at the Gap ... give him a shout for more info.

Most vehicles are rated for a tongue weight up to 500lbs. With the Busa loaded on a receiver hitch, there would/could be a concern of breaking the hitch, receiver, or heaven forbid the Busa.

Would be safe if the hitch is welded to the frame as it is on my truck. I dont think I would trust that type of carrier in this area. To many damn rough spots.

I picked up a $900 landscaping trailer I use for my wifes Katonka
rock.gif
, and the Busa. With the ramp its great.

Class III hitch is more than enough, I would be concerned about the hauler/rack itself. The hitch can handle it easily.

I remember, Hooken, postin' about that trailer. I was concerned then, but apparently he had no problems.

HOLY COW. You cant do that. It will bust off and the world will spin backwards. OH wait Ive got one and it works just fine.
I use one thats called Mototote. Its rated for 600 pounds. I use it on a GMC Denali that has a level ride system on it. In other words air shocks on the rear. I have hauled my busa to the Dragon twice with it from Iowa and have had no problems.
Check you hitch ratings Im right at the limit on mine. I have been towing things for 30 years and have exceeded the tongue and tow rating over and over and have seen many other people doing the same thing and have never seen a hitch fail.
The other deal on this is if you are using an open trailer all the things that you can come up with that will happen to a hauler like this will also happen on the trailer also. Have you ever seen what a small trailer does if you have to swerve to miss anything on the road.
Would I rather have an enclosed trailer you bet I would but if you cant afford one these things work fine.

Back