Motorcycle Trailer...anyone used one of these?

HOLY COW. You cant do that. It will bust off and the world will spin backwards. OH wait Ive got one and it works just fine.
I use one thats called Mototote. Its rated for 600 pounds. I use it on a GMC Denali that has a level ride system on it. In other words air shocks on the rear. I have hauled my busa to the Dragon twice with it from Iowa and have had no problems.
Check you hitch ratings Im right at the limit on mine. I have been towing things for 30 years and have exceeded the tongue and tow rating over and over and have seen many other people doing the same thing and have never seen a hitch fail.
The other deal on this is if you are using an open trailer all the things that you can come up with that will happen to a hauler like this will also happen on the trailer also. Have you ever seen what a small trailer does if you have to swerve to miss anything on the road.
Would I rather have an enclosed trailer you bet I would but if you cant afford one these things work fine. [/QUOTE]

Yep,yep and if you dont have a level ride supension on you vehicle, you can always add one yourself installing an Air lift kit.

Click here to view  Air Lifts  for cars and truck.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118319206 -->

here is hooken's hauler. He hauled his baby from iowa to the dragon last yr and maybe even this yr also on this thing.

hooken.jpg

I know some people have used them personally I do nt even like using my little trailer let alone a tote.

HOLY COW. You cant do that. It will bust off and the world will spin backwards. OH wait Ive got one and it works just fine.
I use one thats called Mototote. Its rated for 600 pounds. I use it on a GMC Denali that has a level ride system on it. In other words air shocks on the rear. I have hauled my busa to the Dragon twice with it from Iowa and have had no problems.
Check you hitch ratings Im right at the limit on mine. I have been towing things for 30 years and have exceeded the tongue and tow rating over and over and have seen many other people doing the same thing and have never seen a hitch fail.
The other deal on this is if you are using an open trailer all the things that you can come up with that will happen to a hauler like this will also happen on the trailer also. Have you ever seen what a small trailer does if you have to swerve to miss anything on the road.
Would I rather have an enclosed trailer you bet I would but if you cant afford one these things work fine.
laugh.gif

I'm thinkin about buying a Dodge Ram Van (Extended Cargo)with a motorized ramp kit. Put two bikes right in the van. My
buddy said if you order one straight from the factory you can get four wheel drive on the van. I've only seen a couple like that, his was one. Don't think I'd need four wheel drive for a street bike!
However the stiffer suspension helps to carry two busa down the road.
But with the extended cargo van even with the bikes in you still have room for two people to sleep. The ramp folds right up into the very back of the van. My buddy use to be a race bike mechanic, he had that setup, he had steel loops welded
to the sides of the ramp and bolt brackets attached to the bed inside the van. With the ramp up and the van all closed up, you can't see any bikes. But most importantly he would chain the ramp in ther up position. So even if someone knew there was bikes inside. ..It would be hard to steal them.
Put a good alarm system on the Van!

no there is an angled ramp that goes on the end and you just wheel it up the ramp and onto the tote and then the ramp attaches along side of the slot your bike sits in.

Can you imagine the leverage and shear force on the fulcrum point of this thing? Especially with a Busa on it? There is no way in hell this is safe with that kind of weight on it. You may have gotten lucky so far but hitting a decent speed bump, pot hole, or a heavy swerve would put absolutely tremendous leveraged forces on that single 2" piece of steel. No thanks, I like the idea but would not trust one for a minute.
smile.gif

sbc4_sm.jpeg

The one i have the 2 in sqaure is alomst solid it;s pretty think stuff i've hauled my 4 wheeler on it and have bounced around some with it and nothing wrong with it so far and i have hauled a bike on several occasions and gotten by great the biggest worry is if your reciver hitch is the right class i still say class 3 or higher is a must for that kinda activity my class 3 is listed at about 600lb toung weight a class 4 is around 800 or more Class 2 uhh no thanks like 400 be straining it thats for sure

Back