motorcycle specific anti-freeze

Dont use the orange dexcool stuff.
crazy.gif
Why not use the Dexcool Prestone? Is something wrong with it? I have been running for a good 2 years now and no adverse effects. You got me worried now. What's the deal?

I ended up  using Prestone 50/50.  I completely flushed the system 4 times useing distilled water.  It doesn't say anything on the bottle of Prestone as to wether or not it contains silicates.  Does anyone know??

prestoneAntiCool4.jpg

I believe this is the one.  I checked the website, too.
Thats what I have been using for years on my turbo busa, I mix about half a bottle of Redline water wetter in with it. I haven't found anything that keeps my bike cooler and I have tried them all.

reg antifreeze here. mixed to what my climate (of tennessee temp) calls for with no problems.

how could a car be different from a bike? they are all combustion motors.

the cooler the better (for hp).

I dont know what the parts of the cooling system are made of in the hayabusa but I do know that Dexcool is damaging the plastic that intake gaskets are made of in alot of GM cars.Plus once green antifreeze has been used the dexcool is not a long life antifreeze. It needs to be serviced just like the green stuff. The corroision inhibitors in dexcool are an acid. Read the bottle. HOAT or OAT. If you have been using it with good luck keep it up. I would not.

i bought the maxima coolanol pre-mixed motorcycle anti-freeze. wasnt to expensive and according to the info on the bottle its suppost to be good stuff.

Ahhh....done some reading on Dexcool. Not worried anymoe and it is silicate free.

This topic is alot like the which oil is best topic. I read alot about this subject and also work with it every day. If you are using a 50/50 mixture of what ever type or brand you choose there wont be a problem. If you have a cooling system failure you will be hard pressed to convince me that if you were using a different type coolant that this or that failure would not have happened. As for using dexcool you dont gain a thing by using it so why pay more for it.

This topic is alot like the which oil is best topic. I read alot about this subject and also work with it every day. If you are using a 50/50 mixture of what ever type or brand you choose there wont be a problem. If you have a cooling system failure you will be hard pressed to convince me that if you were using a different type coolant that this or that failure would not have happened. As for using dexcool you dont gain a thing by using it so why pay more for it.
Thank YOU!!!

Close the thread

I only use antifreeze that is silicate free. Read the label in back with the tiny print. I currently use the Ford gold premium or Toyota red long life. Both are silicate free.

I ended up  using Prestone 50/50.  I completely flushed the system 4 times useing distilled water.  It doesn't say anything on the bottle of Prestone as to wether or not it contains silicates.  Does anyone know??

prestoneAntiCool4.jpg

I believe this is the one.  I checked the website, too.
Thats what I have been using for years on my turbo busa, I mix about half a bottle of Redline water wetter in with it. I haven't found anything that keeps my bike cooler and I have tried them all.
You added Water Wetter? Says right on the front "DO NOT ADD WATER"

and how many can tell me what the original antifreeze was??? (Hal can not play)

and how many can tell me what the original antifreeze was???   (Hal can not play)
I know that my grandpa used Honey and he used it until the day he died. He told me that anitifreeze was a waste of $$. I found out when I was in my early teens and helping him tune the car up. He grabs a big jar of honey and starts to put it in the the raidiator. I thought he was nuts until I asked some others and they all said before antifreeze they used sugar or honey and that honey was easier to put in. Hell some of my grandpa's friends even said they used moonshine but usually drank it all before it hit the raidiator so they had to use honey..
lol1.gif

I miss those stories he used to tell me. I loved to go over there and just listen to him and his friends talk about their lives..
offtopic.gif

well never heard that one and there seems to be a big blank here...

SPOILER

methanol....(farmer figured it out first) and it was strictly "anti-freeze" Glycol based liquids won out for obvious reasons...
smile.gif

Back