Well, i've seen dmg-bike is repairable...

BigDiesel

Registered
Hello again and thank you to everyone for your kind words, prayers, and encouragement. Amy is on the mend, no serious bruising and the scarring should be minor.

I headed out to the dealership warehouse today to survey the Busa-I was stunned by what I saw...I let go of this thing at like 50+mph, n this is all that got hurt...
Plastics: Front fairing, rt. fairing, windscreen, upper air duct covers.
Hard parts: Front fairing stay (bent REALLY bad:), front brake master cylinder, Rear wheel (dented on curb), and both right foot pegs.

So, time to add sum new stuff I guess...cant believe this bike is still running. Its a friggin TANK!!! Other stuff is damaged (gas tank dented, rt. HMF can scraped, tail section scratched, rear seat scratched, headlight scratched, front rim scratched) but its nothing I cant live with, n wont affect riding the bike, which I do plan to do this year. Priority right now is to get Amy better, than I will get to work on putting this metal mammoth back together. (when I first saw it in the warehouse, I swear I heard "dont you know who I am?!?!? Im the Juggernaut BIOTCH!!!")

n for all the squids out there-hope these pics will make you think before you pull another wheelie in traffic...this is what can happen in just 50 feet... pics ahoy

wreckedbike2.JPG

Thanks for posting the pics... again, glad you guys didn't come away worse than you did. I'll keep a look out for parts, as I am sure others will! It also doesn't surprise me that Amy is supportive and wants you to put her back together.... good woman there!

when did that happen?? Hope you girl didnt get hurt to bad, glad to hear she is healing good. How did you make it out, I assume ok??

Sorry to see it happen, glad your gonna fix it.

Good to hear that both you and Amy have a positive attitude about this. Be sure to post up your needed parts list when you're ready to start rebuilding.

this side was already scraped up from last year's lay-down in the dirt...but now its done, cracked in a few places n lost a lot of paint. no dmg to rad. or oil cooler tho, n engine case on rt. side is ok.

wreckedbike6.JPG

Bad news man. I had no idea you had wrecked until I saw the post. Glad to hear your both ok. Get well soon, bike, babe, and your own body.

bike is guna be on the back-burner for a few weeks...family reunion this weekend n when I get back, have to oversee Amy's work for her-she owns/operates housecleaning buisness for uh, well, folks that make a a55load of money n have houses too big to want to clean it themselves, n a few offices too. So, Big Diesel is going to be Mr. Clean for a few weeks till she can move around and handle working by herself. Wont be doing any modeling till all the scars are healed and smoothed out...BTW, anyone have any favorite cream/antibiotics that they use on roadrash? I dont care about price, just need to get her skin back to 100% ASAP. I picked up Mederma creme n Neosporin Scar Solution patches but I'm open to suggestions, so throw'em my way via PM please. Thanks in advance!!!!

N for those that missed what happend-see my post from saturday 06-24...dont wana re-hash here.

Hopefully we'll all be back to normal by the fall Bash-me, Amy, n the Busa...if so, we'll definitely make the trip to say hi to all you great guys (and gals). Stay safe out there folks.:)

Sorry to here about your misfortune. Glad everyone can still get around. Road rash will heal over time. If you need anything, let me know. Im in central Wi. When you both get all healed up give me a PM and maybe we can ride. Heal up soon.

Great news about your bike and lady, hoping for a quick recovery for both....

bike is guna be on the back-burner for a few weeks...family reunion this weekend n when I get back, have to oversee Amy's work for her-she owns/operates housecleaning buisness for uh, well, folks that make a a55load of money n have houses too big to want to clean it themselves, n a few offices too. So, Big Diesel is going to be Mr. Clean for a few weeks till she can move around and handle working by herself. Wont be doing any modeling till all the scars are healed and smoothed out...BTW, anyone have any favorite cream/antibiotics that they use on roadrash? I dont care about price, just need to get her skin back to 100% ASAP. I picked up  Mederma creme n Neosporin Scar Solution patches but I'm open to suggestions, so throw'em my way via PM please. Thanks in advance!!!!

N for those that missed what happend-see my post from saturday 06-24...dont wana re-hash here.

Hopefully we'll all be back to normal by the fall Bash-me, Amy, n the Busa...if so, we'll definitely make the trip to say hi to all you great guys (and gals). Stay safe out there folks.:)
I'm very sorry about you'r accident but at least you guys are ok. The bike can be fixed so even more good news. About 10+ years ago I got cut on a pane of glass. I opened up my right fore arm good and severed 5 tendons. I was bleeding so bad that the EMT sat on my arm all the way to the hosp to controll the bleeding. Long story short during physical therapy they used to heat my arm up with a hot water bottle then rub cocoa butter on it (it comes in a tube like a giant chap stick). It healed pretty good. I have tats over the scar now but I feel the cocoa butter helped it heal properly. Good luck getting Amy on the up & up and with the cleaning business and hope you get the bike on the up & up too.

<span style='color:blue'>BigDiesel your bike came thru pretty darn good! I see you don't need any "stinking" sliders! Bad time to ask but do you think they would have made any diff? Also at work we have ZEE Medical first aid box, they supply Burn Cream in packets, i don't know what's in that stuff but works like it should be illegal if you know what i mean! Burns, cuts, scrapes, fixes em all! kills pain and heals up in no time with no scaring to speak of. Don't get it on lips they will go numb!!! Wife used it on a minor Yashi burn and a week later it was almost unnoticeable. It will take the pain away rite now! Just ask any one of your close buds that work in a place that has to keep up with Osha and they can snag a few packs fer free! Thanks MC for reminding me of this site! Best to all !!!</span>
beerchug.gif

Back