Plug and coolant question

bkstg1

Registered
I'm installing an RCC stage 1 turbo kit on my 05. 2 things I would like to know if you guys could help me out.
1. What plugs do you run and the gap.
2. I'd like to run water instead of anti freeze. What is the best type of water to use that wont hurt the aluminum parts of the engine? De Ionized, distilled,spring? etc...

The reason for water is that it is a much better heat transfer liquid than glycol. I've used water in my past race cars but those were cast iron engines and brass radiators.

By the way,Ican't say this enough, Richard over at RCC is truly one of the best people I have worked with since I've been building bikes. And I've been building bikes for longer than I care to remember.

Thanks for any help
Jim

1 cr9e .018-.022
2 i prefer dexcool to be honest at a 75% coolant/ 25% distilled water
its boiling point at this ratio is 275 degrees F and at 50/50 it boils at 256
but if going with just water then distilled is what youll want to use

i don't remember the # on the plugs but the gap should be .018
i run distilled water in mine with a little anti and water wetter.
how much boost ya running and is this your first time riding a turbo busa?
if so you will look like this after your first ride:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbsup:
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug:

I see you're in Cleveland...make sure whatever you use, make sure it won't freeze over winter.

1 cr9e .018-.022
2 i prefer dexcool to be honest at a 75% coolant/ 25% distilled water
its boiling point at this ratio is 275 degrees F and at 50/50 it boils at 256
but if going with just water then distilled is what youll want to use

like he said

Thanksfoe the info.
As for the "why aren't you supposed to run anti-freese?" It's not that you shouldn't, it's just that water is a better heat transfer agent than glycol. When you do not have to worry about freesing you will see a big advantage in the cooling ability of your cooling system when using straight water.
Is cre9 an NGK #?
Again, Thanks for the help.

Back