coolant question

dirty dave

Registered
I decided to change my coolant here`s the question the dark green oddly thick stuff i drained from my bikes radiator any ideals on what type of coolant it was i replaced it with regular 50/50 preston coolant

the coolant was dark green cause it was fithy. prestone 50/50 will work, its what i and many other use in their bikes which is a light green like most of your coolants.

Filthy coolant? and why was it thick i`ve been a mechanic for 20 years never seen any coolant like this, seen milky or contaminated with oil cause blown head gaskets, just weird thick and dark even for straight coolant

how often did you take your car to redline and abobe 10k rpms... trust me bikes will brack down fluid more aggresively than car based on how hard this little engines work.. i never let it break down that bad, once the fresh colant glow coloring starts to disapear is time to replace it..
Good luck and have patiance burping the air bubles out so you dont have to chase your tail down the road.

Oh for sure did the old tip bike side to side fired it up and let it burp. This is my second busa and have had a ton of bikes just never seen thick coolant b4 bike never ran hot just curious

the only time ive ever saw coolant that was what i'd call "thick" was a time that oil was in the radiator on one of my work trucks. it gave it an almost watery/muddy texture and was brownish green in color.

Back