Motorcycle jack

wiesjon

Registered
Anyone use a motorcycle jack for servicing? It seems to me that if you're careful, a jack would be just as good or better than the front and rear stands I've read about. And I think the overall cost would be about the same. I've read both good and bad about the Sears brand - some love them and some hate them.

Anyone use a motorcycle jack for servicing? It seems to me that if you're careful, a jack would be just as good or better than the front and rear stands I've read about. And I think the overall cost would be about the same. I've read both good and bad about the Sears brand - some love them and some hate them.
The only one I have is a HF unit and it does not work well on the busa (need frame rails or flat surface to land on).. I just park my bike on my bike hoist to service or work on.. The rear spool stand still works fine on the lift. Hoist yes, jack? not so much..

I'm a tool dealer and sell them but they don't work with the plastic on and even with it off the pipes get hit before the bottom of the engine. Go with stands. I did.

Stands, you don't get as much height maybe but you do have the ability to move the front and rear wheels which is great for a whole bunch of reasons. Love my stands.

Sounds bad, but i just use a standard floor jack. Remove the belly pan and jack up on the bracket. I have had both my bikes stripped down using this method. I don't really recomend this but it does work.

Back