Motorcycle Jack

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
I have a regular motorcycle/ATV jack (flat area that lifts the frame) I used on my Vstar before I bought my 'Busa. Can anyone think of any way I can get this thing to work with the Hayabusa? I hate spending money on stuff I don't need.

Thanks in advance!

-Spike

Motorcycle Jack?
rock.gif

FD6W7097.jpg

all_coholic.gif

Sorry, couldn't pass it up!

You can still use the jack as long as the bike isn't lowered and is at stock height. You will have to take the fairings off to lift it but can lift on the header without hurting anything. Just be careful not to bend the bracket for the bottom rear fin as it is a pain to bend back straight. Good luck!! I have done it many times!!!
beerchug.gif

Hmmm, is the fairing difficult to remove and put back on? Never done that before. Is it easy enough to do every 600 miles to clean the chain?

(Thanks for the reply)

(Spike @ Jan. 14 2007,16:18) Hmmm, is the fairing difficult to remove and put back on?  Never done that before.  Is it easy enough to do every 600 miles to clean the chain?

(Thanks for the reply)
Getting the Fairing off is a piece of cake, don't be intimidated. Make sure you use the tip of a small screw driver to loosen the two black push fasteners on the molding between the tank and the fairing.

fairing easy to remove. Owners manual page 7-6 tells you how. Chain service may be easier with a rear stand.

Yeah I am thinking the same thing. I may just cave in and get one. It is good to know how the fairing comes off though.

(GSXcite @ Jan. 14 2007,17:26) fairing easy to remove. Owners manual page 7-6 tells you how. Chain service may be easier with a rear stand.
I was going to ask why you would want to remove the fairing to service the chain. A rear stand definetly makes servicing the chain easier and I do mine without removing the fairing. I liked my rear stand so much I bought a front one too.

Back