Motorcycle Hitch for a Truck that Lifts Front Wheel????

PJ267

Registered
I was on the higheay the other day and passed a pick up truck that had a small hitch on the back with the front wheel of a bike in it and the back tire riding on the road? Anyone know of this hitch? Looked like a motorcycle stand/hitch? thanks

I think it will work fine. But there is no safety net when something happens. Imagine if you run off the road or hit a pothole. Seems like a lot of bad can come out of these. Just buy a $600 trailer from tractor supply or somewhere and haul it. If I can remember those are about 400. Another two hundy and you get a trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not safe, bad on the neck bearings, bad for the front forks, bad for the drivetrain. Plus would you want your baby wiggling and bouncing behind your truck going down the road? One good bump and your getting a lot of expensive parts or lose the bike completely.

I think it will work fine. But there is no safety net when something happens. Imagine if you run off the road or hit a pothole. Seems like a lot of bad can come out of these. Just buy a $600 trailer from tractor supply or somewhere and haul it. If I can remember those are about 400. Another two hundy and you get a trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

$134 including shipping in the link from Da Bug

I agree with wasted tire mileage. From what I hear for some of you, you barely get 3000 miles on a tire as it is. Buy a trailer!

Last edited:
I have a similar one here you can have it for $25 plus shipping...we used it for dirt bike transports...bolts to any flat plate hitch....customize it if you like...

Picture 4944.jpg

I've got $300 into my harbor freight trailer. That looks like a good idea, bad execution.

I know guys that have towed like that without problems. I go through rear tires fast enough without burning through them while "trailering"

Pickup truck ??? I paid $39.00 for my chock and another $30.00 - $40.00 for straps from wally world, just saying. And this is a tiny pick up :laugh:

DSC00983 (Medium).JPG

It's not only wearing the rear tire, but the chain and transmission are also taking wear. The oil will also accumulate wear particles that are not being removed by the oil filter because the engine is not running.

The head bearings and forks will also take on stresses that they are not designed to handle.

Back