Never put a hitch on a car before.

They're easy, just get the one made for your car and bolt it on. The hardest part is fishing the bolts up through the frame. That is if you have a box type frame.

smile.gif

haven;t heard of either one i have one on my vetter but i made sure to buy the one that was made for it don't go with the universal style if you can help it there usually more of a pain in the but then they are worth but if you have no other choice then thats all you can do get a floor jake and a couple stands and lookinto the work involved with my vette i had to take my exhaust down wasn't bad but still a bit of a pain

i made sure to buy the one that was made for it don't go with the universal style if you can help it there usually more of a pain in the but then they are worth
I looked for one made by Nissan, but I can't find one.  Only ones I can find are aftermarket, they list them for the different models and years with different part #s. But I don't know if they're universal or not.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103080729 -->

Yeah i know you will have to go with aftermarket but there is aftermarket direct fit and there is aftermarket universal fit just the nice aftermarket built for your car will usually got on alot more smoothly then the one that is universal also the direct fit ones you usually don't have to drill any holes for alotta times from my experience universals require some if not alotta drilling

hope that helps clarify a bit better

Yeah i know you will have to go with aftermarket but there is aftermarket direct fit and there is aftermarket universal fit just the nice aftermarket built for your car will usually got on alot more smoothly then the one that is universal also the direct fit ones you usually don't have to drill any holes for alotta times from my experience universals require some if not alotta drilling

hope that helps clarify a bit better
good to know, I'll definately ask about that with the seller.
thanx

I went with Drawtight, they make um for just about anything, and when your not towing, the receiver comes off and a cover snaps on, and u can,t hardly tell it,s there.
wink.gif

Just an idea but give UHaul a call and see what they have to offer.

I went with Drawtight, they make um for just about anything, and when your not towing, the receiver comes off and a cover snaps on, and u can,t hardly tell it,s there.
wink.gif
Yep, Drawtite is a good brand, and reputable company.

Not sure if it's Drawtite or Drawtight if you do a web search.

wink.gif
Yep, Drawtite is a good brand, and reputable company.

Not sure if it's Drawtite or Drawtight if you do a web search.
They do have one for your car and it's draw-tite
Thanks, you guys rule!!

Charlesbusa -

I have a hidden hitch I purchased from JC Whitney, it is on my 91 Camaro

Works great, I have used it to tow my Busa from Central Cali to Phoenix AZ, and have also towed it to Fallon NV.

What I strongly recommend are air shocks for the rear.

With standard shocks, the trailer pressed down on the rear raises the nose.

This caused it to not handle properly and also impaired my normal vision of the road.

With Air shocks, you can adjust them with the trailer on to ensure your vehicle is level, or at least at a comfortable driving level for your specific tastes.

I have not noticed any performance issues with my camaro's handling due to the air shocks.

Hope this helps

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103140539 -->

Just weld a Ball to your trunk lid and be done with it man... Details details...
smile.gif

I had one put on my truck last summer and decided to just go to U-Haul and have it done. Took a couple hours and cost about $200 to complete.

if air shocks could not be had ten i'm sure Air-lift has a air bag kit that will do that same thing cost about 70 dollars the ones for my cougar did and went inside the coil springs

Valley Industries is a manufacturer of Trailer Hitches. They make a hitch for your Maxima. Here is the info from their web site www.valleyindustries.com. Item Number: 59220
Brand: VALLEY
Category: Hitches and Receivers
Sub Category: Class I Receiver Hitches

Description: Hitch-Class I Receiver, 2000 lbs Rating, No Drilling Required

I sell Truck accessories on the side for my friends here in Central Florida at Cost plus 10%. Valley Industries is sold by major retailers nationwide like Sam's Wholesale Club, Tractor Supply and most 4X4 Shops. The one on my truck took a 20mph impact from a 96 caprice classic and had no damage to it so I am confident saying they are stout! If you can't find anything locally at a fair price Let me know and I'll see if I can help you out. FYI... I prefer Air Bags to Air Shocks. You can get Air Bags from any reputable 4X4 shop OR any RV shop. They put them on Pickups to help them stay level when Loaded down with their Campers. They are a much safer way to equalize the load and keep your suspension working correctly. Good Luck.

Valley Industries is a manufacturer of Trailer Hitches. They make a hitch for your Maxima. Here is the info from their web site www.valleyindustries.com. Item Number: 59220  
Brand: VALLEY  
Category: Hitches and Receivers  
Sub Category: Class I Receiver Hitches  

Description: Hitch-Class I Receiver, 2000 lbs Rating, No Drilling Required

I sell Truck accessories on the side for my friends here in Central Florida at Cost plus 10%. Valley Industries is sold by major retailers nationwide like Sam's Wholesale Club, Tractor Supply and most 4X4 Shops. The one on my truck took a 20mph impact from a 96 caprice classic and had no damage to it so I am confident saying they are stout! If you can't find anything locally at a fair price Let me know and I'll see if I can help you out. FYI...  I prefer Air Bags to Air Shocks. You can get Air Bags from any reputable 4X4 shop OR any RV shop. They put them on Pickups to help them stay level when Loaded down with their Campers. They are a much safer way to equalize the load and keep your suspension working correctly. Good Luck.
Thanks, appreciate all the input!
smile.gif

Back