Motorcycle Death in N. GA Mountains

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
I heard on a local forum that there was a fatality up on Blood Mountain yesterday.  I heard there were three accidents one was a fatality all before noon.  One of the other accidents was confirmed, she ran wide through a turn and bailed off the bike, bike landed 12' down the side of the mountain area, she just got a few bumps and bruises.  She said she got target fixation looking at the cruisers going the other way.  (doesn't sound like traget fixation, just a distraction and inexpereince).  This was her first time in the mountains as well...  Aside from that her husband went down last year on his first trip to the mountains too...  

Then I found this
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/article/5433/

R.I.P.

----------------------------------------------------------
Alpharetta motorcyclist dies in wreck

From staff reports

POSTED  May 4, 2008 10.33 p.m.
John Ante, 37, of Grovehurst Drive in Alpharetta died shortly after 11 a.m. Sunday when a car collided with the motorcycle he was driving on U.S. 19.

A car turned in front of Ante two miles north of Dahlonega, and he was thrown from the bike, according to the Georgia State Patrol.

The patrol responded at 11:17 a.m. and pronounced Ante dead at the scene. He was taken to Chestatee Regional Hospital in Dahlonega. The passengers of the vehicle were not injured.

The Georgia State Patrol is still investigating the accident.

RIP to the rider. Prayers to the family.

Damn cager! When is DRIVING going to be the main responsability behind the wheel? And that does require being fully aware of your surrondings!

RIP, there has been alot of this lately and the dang season just started, BE SAFE EVERYONE !!!

RIP
please.gif
Assume every car you see is going to do something wrong and prepare accordingly as best you can.

RIP...

I can't believe how many motorcycle accidents / deaths I have heard of in the last 3 weeks. Just in the local area we have had over 6 accidents with 3 deaths. Yes, the deaths were younguns on sportbikes going way to fast for the conditions and the other one was a guy heading home and got hit by a drunk... well, thats the suspiscion anyway. Your call: individual hits and runs, then the next morning turns himself in. Now, lets add to the story that he is a Guard at the detention center and is now in with the ones he was guarding just last week.

sad news...RIP rider

i hope they nail the cager to the wall

Back