Motorcycle Daily

NICE N EASY

Registered
New Hayabusa a Certainty for 2008?
By Dirck Edge
Motorcycle News of England is reporting it has inside information Suzuki will introduce an all-new Hayabusa later this year as a 2008 model. The driving force behind this is Euro III emissions requirements, which will necessitate a replacement of the existing machine.

Although the new bike is claimed to be faster and more powerful, no details are reported. Styling is claimed to be an evolution of the existing machine, while components get significantly upgraded (radial brake calipers and braced swingarm, for instance).

The big question is whether Suzuki intends to take on Kawasaki's massively powerful ZX-14 in the horsepower wars. If engine displacement remains relatively unchanged, as MCN suggests, this will be a difficult task for Suzuki.

©Copyright Motorcycle Daily, LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this service may be reproduced, reprinted or republished in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise without written permission from Motorcycle Daily, LLC.

lurk.gif
Look forward to the pics, but I wont be in line for it.

I thought it was gonna be the Hayascooter (half busa/half burgman).

I heard that Suzuki will stop production on the Busa after 2007 and put the engine in the re-released Suzuki Sidekick.
all_coholic.gif

Thanks....for finally posting a legitimate 08 thread. There's been endless joke threads, which are fine, but I was ready for something that at least appears to speak of THE BEAST
beerchug.gif

Oh you know its coming. And it will be faster than the kawi. That won't take much to do that. Its just that no one knows what it looks like. It better look more sporty than tourery. ( word )
race.gif

Well I was going to leave this one alone. I often talk to the manager of our local dealership and he attends these meetings with Suzuki concerning changes and releases. The one thing I will reveal is that the new Busa will be exactly like the '07 Gixx1000 in that it will have the selector for fuel management. The rest I'll just wait and see. I am one of those who don't believe anything until it actually happens.

(NICE N EASY @ Mar. 30 2007,10:25) Although the new bike is claimed to be faster and more powerful, no details are reported.
The big question is whether Suzuki intends to take on Kawasaki's massively powerful ZX-14 in the horsepower wars. If engine displacement remains relatively unchanged, as MCN suggests, this will be a difficult task for Suzuki.
1. If the new busa is faster and more powerful, then it would easily eek by the 14!

2. They make the 14 out to be some monster that can pull a busa without any effort! Again, the article sounds like some kind of Kawasaki marketing ploy to make people forget the busa (right now) isn't outmatched by this "all powerful" 14!

I thought I had made it abundantly clear never to quote MCN on anything!!!
laugh.gif

Those guys have been massaging the same story for 5 years now! There track record is lousy!
poke.gif

honetly,do any of you really need a faster busa?i for one dont,i use my bike for some fast sport touring and some posing on the strip!having 2 or 3 bikes is where its at.

OK.... same block, bored to ~1350. 1K styling mending into the original busa. B-King frame and swingarm. ~$13K MSRP.

Who's going to bake me brownies if I'm right? :lol:

2008 Hayabusa 1500cc 203hp 50 lbs lighter cant wait
Oh Dang im Dreaming again

I am tired of waiting for a new Busa. I am just going to buy the better bike a ZX14

jump9.gif

Ok it is almost April fools, figured I would get a few responses.... I'm bored

Back