motorcycle crash

Revlis why where the photo's deleted? I don't think we need to be protected by you or treated like children here. He labled the post graphic so individuals could decide wether or not they wanted to look. I understand the nudity and stuff that no one wants to see here but removing this crosses the line IMO. This is completey relevant and should have stayed.
wink.gif
I agree with you
rock.gif

If they were as bad as they sound I don't think Captain would want them here. When this section was started he asked for no gore and I think body parts in a pile could be considered gore.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Don't give a fug, NOT on this Board...  It wasn't appropriate not even remotely.  It's fuggin nothing more than SHOCK value, Highschool fuggin Bullsh!t. PERIOD   

Don't give me anymore shid about it this is not a fuggin democracy... You want to see disgusting fugged up bodies?  Go to Freakin ROTTEN.com.   Not Here...

Pictures of Nekid Hotties are FAR MORE ACCEPTABLE in my book than any of these fuggin pics were.  Obscene in this country needs to be fuggin redefined, naked ladies are not obscene, Hootie Hoo's don't scare little kids...  But the deleted photos were obscene, disgusting and of NO VALUE to anyone but a pathologist...Get it?     

Rev

Actually I was curious as to what type of gear he was wearing and what happened to him (physical trauma)

Not that I like looking at mangled bodies, but I wear about $1400.00 worth of protective equipment, and by the thread it seems like he was wearing gear and it also seems like the gear didn't do him any good.

So I am wondering if maybe I am having a false sense of safety and maybe I am not as safe as I think I am.

That is where my curiosity stems from.

Not trying to be morbid nor do I want to come off as cold and heartless. I feel bad for the guy and his family and friends.. But now I am a little worried maybe I am putting too much trust in my gear. And knowing what he was wearing, what the wreck consisted of (speed, what caused the wreck, if he had a major impact or slid, what type of physical trauma he sustained) might help me in the future make better choices because I will have better information.

I don’t actually need pictures. But a good verbal description I think might be helpful. At least for me I know it would be.

Rev - don’t take it so personal Bro, you’re the mod, what you say goes jut a simple " it wasn’t appropriate, I am the Mod, na na na"

Ron

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101445823 -->

Don't give a fug, NOT on this Board...  It wasn't appropriate not even remotely.  It's fuggin nothing more than SHOCK value, Highschool fuggin Bullsh!t. PERIOD   

Don't give me anymore shid about it this is not a fuggin democracy... You want to see disgusting fugged up bodies?  Go to Freakin ROTTEN.com.   Not Here...

Pictures of Nekid Hotties are FAR MORE ACCEPTABLE in my book than any of these fuggin pics were.  Obscene in this country needs to be fuggin redefined, naked ladies are not obscene, Hootie Hoo's don't scare little kids...  But the deleted photos were obscene, disgusting and of NO VALUE to anyone but a pathologist...Get it?     

Rev
Thanks DAD! And I see it for a living. When you do you can preach to me about it's value to others. Get it?

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101445553 -->

Painless4u,
Can you put up a link or email it for those of us that can think for ourselves?
rock.gif

Blah Blah Blah, Fug N A! I don't give a Fug...

Did I Sound "Too Harsh" Was I making a "Judgement"? NO.

Whatever, I don't give a FUG There was NO worthwhile fuggin information.

OH And FUG you AND YOUR FUGGING DAD CRACK!

Revlis,

Don't sweat this. You did the right thing. It's not a matter of an individual wanting to see for themselves. Gore is not something this board is about. It suffices to see the bike wreck and realize we ain't supermen.
I just had a buddy get out of the hospital after being in for almost three months from a bike accident. And that jazz shook me up and I have been riding for over 20 years.
I am sorry this guy was not as fortunate as my friend, but let's not be fooled about how much equip we ride with or how good a rider we are.
Shid happens.
RIP.

calm down folks, remember this was sent to me from the Motorcycle rep here in Italy. If I knew how to link it I would because the ol yahoo mailbox is getting bombarded with people wanting to see these pics. Basically the guys head was ground down to nothing and he was missing some limbs. Obviously he hit a tree at hi speed. Didn't mean to get the moderators in a arguing match over it.

Not to add fuel to the fire here, but I'm glad I got to see the gore... Not that I like seeing things like that, but that really shocked me and was a kind of "slap in the face" for me to realize that no matter how much gear, or how careful we are, shid happens. And if you are going at insane speeds (that our bikes can VERY EASILY achieve) and crash, you WILL die.
I personally learned things from the picture... I think twice now about twisting the throttle all the way in gears 3 and up...
Very easy to go fast. Very easy to end up like that guy.

By the way, the picture was BAD. It was really bad. Probably the nastiest looking picture I have ever seen. I didn't think it was "cool" or anything like that. It truly is a horrible picture of a human being torn apart...

RIP.

They must have been bad for you to trip Rev, but you are right I like this board because its clean. If someone has pics that are questionable they should post a link. I also understand that someone might want to show what can happen if you don't use your brain while riding.

Blah Blah Blah, Fug N A! I don't give a Fug...

Did I Sound "Too Harsh" Was I making a "Judgement"? NO.

That non smoking thing is still getting to you once in awhile isnt it?

You know.. if everytime you felt like you needed a cig you just had sex you would feel much better
biggrin.gif

I'll tell ya' guys......the curiousity factor for gore only lasts till you see something TRULY repulsive...then you wish you'd never seen it, and you understand Revs reasons for removing it. We're not here to see that stuff...and I agree 100% with Revs decision. Theres PLENTY of ways to EASILY see that stuff on the web...but thats not what this sites about
wow.gif
wink.gif

ok, so the body was jacked up.. can someone tell me what kind of gear he was wearing? I.E if his head was that jacked up, was he wearing a helmet?
If he was wearing a helmet what kind?

Did he have leather pants on?
Leather jacket?
riding boots?
Gloves?

Was it a bike malfunction that caused him to lose control?

Rev
um highschool?

as you can read from my first post I asked and emphasized that if they felt is was inappropriate to simply remove it, no harm intended. I can tell you this, that when I went riding yesterday I was very much aware and a heck of alot more cautious about what I was doing. Nothing more then shock value? I didn't intend to post a shock value but I did intend for people to see what a high speed crash is capable of doing to you if for some reason you crash at those speeds. Thats all.

ok, so the body was jacked up.. can someone tell me what kind of gear he was wearing? I.E if his head was that jacked up, was he wearing a helmet?
If he was wearing a helmet what kind?

Did he have leather pants on?
Leather jacket?
riding boots?
Gloves?

Was it a bike malfunction that caused him to lose control?
Painless, go post the pics over at Suzukihayabusa.org or somewhere else. Then link back here. If you want.

I'm not harshing on you by the way.

THRASHERFOX. The type of gear, helmet, etc really didn't matter. Everything was shattered and shredded... literaly.

Your helmet and riding gear will only do so much for you. The helmet obviously protects your head from traumatic injuries as it can't absorb much. Your leathers simply put reduce recovery time and discomfort from abrasions, lacerations, or puncture wounds. It can also save your life from a blood pressure stand point. You have lots of arteries, viens, and capilaries in your skin and muscle tissue which could cause you to loose a large amount of blood from the above injuries. When too much blood seeps out your vascular system can loose enough fluid that it cannot maintain an adequet blood pressure and cardiac arrest could follow.

The real problem that any gear cannot protect you from is blunt trauma or C-spine injuries. Simply put your leathers protect you from all of the above but then the blunt force trauma to your body damages your internal organs (internal bleeding, organ failure). Or in a worse case scenerio your body is just torn apart, maybe even inside your leathers.

The more common injury with all your gear on would be a C-cpine injury. This is where one or more of the cervical spine discs # 1-5 are damaged. Your helmet or gear cannot protect you from this as your head obviously still moves around. C 1-5 controll your ability to breath. Once respiratory arrest happens, cardiac arrest will shortly follow. The heart is self pacing and can genereate a beat on it's own without the C-spine, however it cannot survice without oxygen and neither can your brain.

When we do CPR we are less concerned about the heart persay as we are about the brain. The brain runs on oxygen and sugar, neither of which it can store so irreversable brain damage can occur within a couple of minutes.

Bottom line is gear makes for a less serious/painfull accident, the helmet keeps your squash intact, but at these speeds blunt trauma will kill you.
wink.gif

Blah Blah Blah, Fug N A!  I don't give a Fug...  

Did I Sound "Too Harsh"   Was I making a "Judgement"?  NO.  

That non smoking thing is still getting to you once in awhile isnt it?

You know.. if everytime you felt like you needed a cig you just had sex you would feel much better
biggrin.gif
Yeah...   I just got a little outta hand...  

I used to shoot bodies when active duty.  Have to crawl up inside an Isuzu Amigo to shoot a roll or two of the scene when a soldier puts his 12 gauge to his chin and pulls the trigger, painting the entire interior with teeth, jawbone, brains, hair and skull...    Shootings, bombings, training accidents, BDA, and after action shid...  

NOBODY NEEDS TO SEE THIS SHID in a casual manner, it'll keep you up at night... Like I said, dress it up however you like it's just not appropriate on this board.

But yeah... I kinda fuggin went off.....  

Back