~~ motor heads ~~

That would be a bit much for a street bike
tounge.gif

$6800 for 250 hp isnt bad but everyone I know with all motor & Big HP, have big problems, from ovrheating, to bad idle, and bad low speed drivability. Thats why I went turbo, a freind of mine also just put nitrous on his 06 gixxer 1000 and it is the fastest bike I have ever drove {light to light}. So there are other ways to make the power with out sacrificing your daily drivability....
But I have to say built busa motors sound bad @ss, but then again so does a turbo with dump pipes and a 110 db blow off valve.....
Good Luck

I personally know Alex, and he is THE Busa guy-as far as all motor goes. I know he has ALOT invested in that motor, cause it was going in HIS personal bike. Turns out his partner fell through and he couldn't finish the project. Check out Two Wheel Tuner magazine, he built the motor for Hanh Racecraft's turbo busa that is a several issue build.

(black954 @ Jan. 01 2007,21:14) I personally know Alex, and he is THE Busa guy-as far as all motor goes. I know he has ALOT invested in that motor, cause it was going in HIS personal bike. Turns out his partner fell through and he couldn't finish the project. Check out Two Wheel Tuner magazine, he built the motor for Hanh Racecraft's turbo busa that is a several issue build.
Yup. I figured he had a lot of monies in that thing.

I don't think you could build one for his opening bid. Heck, they ask a lot for a stock motor!

Would be fun huh?

runeight...

I was talking to him about this motor over the summer, and he was explaining why it needs the flat slide carburetors cause the throttle bodies can't support that big of a stroker/big bore. Makes way more power with the carbs! Sucks that he couldn't finish the bike. It was going to be all black fairings, black frame, black 12" over arm, 05 GSXR 1000 forks and radial brakes, black wheels, and black everything else with Fornarelli Racing in chrome across the fairings. Very stealthy. A friend of mine is considering buying the chassis for around $3500 cause he can't go fast enough on his big bore/2 stage turbo/nitrous/6" over/276hp GSXR 1000!

lurk.gif
beerchug.gif
I might be wrong on this, but I think I saw one on ebay months ago for 12 or 15K. It was a complete race engine though.

hey runeight...seems like i'd be a great price (with those internal parts) if one were looking for a base engine for building a dedicated 1/4 miler but i would never even consider it as a powerplane for an everyday/casual street rider...like others have said...lotsa tune/drive-ability and temp. control issues...besides...once ya got done investing in exhaust, carburation and tuning you'd be in the $10K Range...stage1 stealth turbo is like what?...$3,500 ($5K Installed) and gets ya well over 250 rwhp...just smoe of my thoughts and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Just conversation folks. No way would I spend that on a motor but would rather put it towards another ride..
wink.gif

Looks sweet though..Say Jinks, I'm waiting on the New Year party pics.

runeight...

(black954 @ Jan. 02 2007,14:31) I was talking to him about this motor over the summer, and he was explaining why it needs the flat slide carburetors cause the throttle bodies can't support that big of a stroker/big bore. Makes way more power with the carbs!
I don't quite understand this as the worlds fastest NA busa has throttle bodies and makes less than 250 hp....it is a 1507 too...A motorcycle doesn't know if there are carbs or t/b's on it all it cares is that it gets the correct amount of fuel...A good Fuel system,regulator and injectors with t/b's will out do carbs anyday...

I don't believe the throttle bodies can flow enough air to support that big a motor. And if it can, they might just be barely enough, where as there are lots of flat slides out there that can easily support 1500 cc's and more. Alex said that they have tried both combinations and the carbs made more power. I also recall hearing that the airbox couldn't flow enough air either. Kind of like Pro-stock racecar motors pushing 800 CID. They are running HUGE split dominators and not FI.

Back