motogp bikes???

suprafly

Registered
how come that the bikes that race in the gp aren't being sold like the other bikes that the manufacturers make? for example, i have went to both the honda and suzuki websites, but there is no selection for either of the two bike i have up there. the same goes for cars as well.

why is this so?

suprafly out..............................................

If you contact Honda, Can prove that you have a Qualified rider, and are interested in running MotoGP you'll prolly only need about $8-10 million to cover the season. Oh BTW you have to give the Honda Back when your done. Yeah they are not for sale anywhere to anyone. The other teams riding the RC211V's are leased machines. (Pretty Sure)...
Besides, even if they did offer them for sale directly to the public for "TRACK USE ONLY" do you have the $500K-$1mil that Honda is going to ask for it?:super: Hand built bikes at the bleeding edge of technology cost incredible amounts of money.
If we're patient, we will prolly see some of the RC211's technology incorperated into their street bikes... I'm waiting for the V-5 powered 1100cc Interceptor....

well, i didn't know what "homologated" meant, so i looked it up and this is what i found:

--officially recognize car model or component: to give official recognition to a prototype car or car component, thus allowing it to be used in a race.

so if i'm correct, then those bikes are, unless they're referring to cars like civics and such that have been fixed up, so to speak.

suprafly out..............................???

this might help ya out fly...

Pronunciation: (hu-mol'u-gAt", hO-), [key]
—v.t., -gat•ed, -gat•ing.
1. to approve; confirm or ratify.
2. to register (a specific make of automobile in general production) so as to make it eligible for international racing competition.

Homologated, Generally speaking what is meant by this is that a manufacturer has to sell a certain number of a vehicle to the public for it to be allowed to race. Sort of why there was such a fuss about Saleen running their S7 prior to production and BMW dropping a Storming 450HP V-8 in a three series. Some classes of racing have these rules.
Now WSB for instance you have to sell a certain number of bikes (or at least build them) to run em at the track. AMA superbikes same way. Think about the Honda SP1 and 2, pretty chunky for a street bike but when modified per the rules were stormers.
Point is, MotoGP currently does not have any homologation requirements kinda like Formula 1. Racing only nothing has to be street based. Which is why Honda doesn't sell anyone their new technology, they lease the motors and chassis and if something breaks the teams send it back to Honda. Makes for an excellent test bed. But they are not for sale to anyone anywhere. If they were though, you'd be looking at prolly $3-4 million or as little as $500k once production ramped up. So you will have to wait for the 300lb 220HP bike from the factory...

Back