moto ramp

extensive

Donating Member
Registered
anybody have a moto ramp in the va beach area? ill be coming home monday with the bike in the truck but i dont have a motorcycle ramp to get it out of the truck. im getting it in the truck by backing up to a little hill but everything is flat here!

Maybe a ditch will work? Kinda flat here too, but I used a ditch once.

(hbr @ Mar. 23 2007,09:57) Maybe a ditch will work?  Kinda flat here too, but I used a ditch once.
+1... If all else fails, go to Home Depot, buy a 2x6 thats about 6-8 ft long (depening on height of truck and length of bed) and a ramp kit (preferably the kit with the rubber feet) I know the HD in Chesapeake has them, as that's where I got mine, so I'm sure the Beach has them too. Takes about 5 minutes to slap together...

Or pay for gas and I can bring mine down... Shoot, I'll even stay at my dads...
laugh.gif
it's only a 3 hour-ish drive for me...

dont have time nor the money to go buy anything. ill try to find a ditch or something. thanks for the ideas tho.

(extensive @ Mar. 23 2007,14
zzwhip.gif
) dont have time nor the money to go buy anything.  ill try to find a ditch or something.  thanks for the ideas tho.
Try this; find some place local that has a loading dock with a ramp. You can usually back the truck up to it enough to get the bike in and out. Be careful of belly clearance on the busa though.

Also, with the gate open back the truck up to the side of the loading ramp (guage your position carefully so you don't hit the gate into the ramp). The side of the ramp should be close to the ramp surface. back the busa onto the gate and up the ramp, then ride it down the ramp.

Good luck!

P.

(Postal @ Mar. 23 2007,07:41)
(extensive @ Mar. 23 2007,14
zzwhip.gif
) dont have time nor the money to go buy anything. ill try to find a ditch or something. thanks for the ideas tho.
Try this; find some place local that has a loading dock with a ramp. You can usually back the truck up to it enough to get the bike in and out. Br careful of belly clearance on the busa though.

Also, with the gate open back the truck up to the side of the loading ramp (guage your position carefully so you don't hit the gate into the ramp). The side of the ramp should be close to the ramp surface. back the busa onto the gate and up the ramp, then ride it down the ramp.

Good luck!

P.
good idea! thanks.

Back