Have truck need ramp

dezel1

Donating Member
Registered
I just bought a truck and now I need a ramp to get the busa in and out of it. I want a ramp that is wide enough to have something to put my feet down on while riding into the truck bed just incase. I used a borrowed four wheeler ramp last time I had to haul my bike. It worked great. Except I don't have enough ground clearance (stock height) to keep the lower fairing and belly pan from getting hung and dug into by the ramp. That part kinda sucked. Ah well I bought it to ride not to show. Anyway I was thinking an arched ramp about 4 feet wide would be perfect. It needs to fold and support at least a 1000lbs. If anyone has any ideas lets hear em. If any of our sponsors sells a ramp like this it would be excellent. I am also looking for a canyon dancer tie down strap for the handle bars.

Never RIDE the bike into the trailer/truck.

Find a drive way, and put the truck's rear wheels in the curb at the bottom of the drive, it'll lower the tailgate down significantly.  Then you won't be pushing the bike up so far.  Also this way, you barely need someone in the truck to hold the bike.  It'll even lower the angle so you probably won't bang up the underside of the bike on the transistion from ramp to bed.

No offense, but even a girl could stand at the end of the bed and hold the bike long enought for you to jump up there.

Sorry, I don' t really know where you can get a decent ramp.

(Max Speed @ Jan. 15 2007,17:flamethrowing:) discount ramps

Great service, with nice stuff and they ship fast to!
Discount ramps. I bought a Big Boy with the 8 pc. tie down kit so I can load and unload all by myself. No more home made ramps and getting people to help me. They are super and stow in the bed with the bike. I have had them for over two years now, cannot recommend them highly enough.

great thread
lurk.gif

I bought my canyon dancer at the store on deals gap. Looks like you need to make a run soon!! Or order it online from them.

Thanks guys for the info the big boy looks like the one for me. I'm usually loading and unloading alone so it looks perfect. I think I will start hauling over to the gap and save my tires for fun stuff instead of transportation. I need to make a trip to the gap sooooon. If it would ever warm up and stay dry for a bit. I've got a mountain about 10 mins from my house but it's not the same.

I was doing the math and came up with $600 or so for ramp and removable wheel chock. That would be much cheaper than paying the deductable on bike and truck if I had a woopsie. Thanks again.

Back