Home Made Ramp

Great looking ramp.
My only concern are the two outer pieces.
How slick are they under your feet?
I would hate to hear about a dropped Hayabusa because
you lost your footing.

Great looking ramp.
My only concern are the two outer pieces.
How slick are they under your feet?
I would hate to hear about a dropped Hayabusa because
you lost your footing.
I have those 1/4" grooves in there, but.......they are wood, maybe Ill walk up them when it rains (without Busa) and see how slick they feel.

I would consider flipping them over and use a few of the peel and stick anti-slip strips on each plank. Give it a thought.

Good Job!
muscle.gif

Hey Robot, I said I'd send you a pic of my Busa in my truck...and my truck is 1)lowered 2)way less stout than yours! I've been all over 5 states like this with no problems too.

P1000294.JPG

This one's just a brag (Wayne Rainey's 1993 World Champion 500 GP bike in my little truck!) You shoulda seen the rubberneckers around Laguna Seca with this one. Raydog

P1000322.JPG

Nice work. How much does that setup weigh? I have a Titan CC with a 5.5ft bed. I haven't found a good ramp for my truck yet. I have a church near my house that lets me use the wall on a sunken parking lot so I don't need a ramp right now. I will need one when I move though.

Nice work.  How much does that setup weigh?  I have a Titan CC with a 5.5ft bed.  I haven't found a good ramp for my truck yet.  I have a church near my house that lets me use the wall on a sunken parking lot so I don't need a ramp right now.  I will need one when I move though.
Thanks, best guess is the center plank is over 50lbs. and under 75lbs. As you can tell it isnt light. The weight is one reason I decided not to hinge the 3 planks. If I had to carry the ramp long distances, it would be a problem, but dragging in and out of the bed isnt bad.

The outer planks are much lighter, I would guess 40ish pounds. Any time I want to complain about the weight, I just think of my piece of mind knowing the center section wont break.

I really like the 8' length, seems ideal to me. It will hang out a little but no big deal.

Hey robot. How well does the busa fit in the Toyota? Do you have a pic of the bike in the bed strapped down. THe reason I ask is that I was thinking of buying a new vehicle this year and I was really wanting a small truck to haul around my bike. I want a Toyota but was not sure how it would fit in the bed...

I did a search here and found some pics and comments assuring me it would fit.

Comments in this thread confirm this. I made the ramp first, still need to get chock and strap bike it in. Here is a pic, I borrowed from here, (sorry not sure who to credit).

But I believe this Tacoma bed is the same size as mine.

TacomaBed.jpg

I did a search here and found some pics and comments assuring me it would fit.

Comments in this thread confirm this. I made the ramp first, still need to get chock and strap bike it in. Here is a pic, I borrowed from here, (sorry not sure who to credit).

But I believe this Tacoma bed is the same size as mine.
Omslaw took that pic. Thats my busa in the back of his truck. He left work and drove 30 miles to come pick me up after a deer wanted to occupy the same road as me, and I crashed! Now thats a friend!
bowdown.gif

This one's just a brag (Wayne Rainey's 1993 World Champion 500 GP bike in my little truck!) You shoulda seen the rubberneckers around Laguna Seca with this one.   Raydog
Man, Wayne Rainey is one of my favorite riders.Watching him and Kevin Schwantz got me into sportbikes.Did you get to ride that beasts?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but Wayne Rainey is one of my favorites.
bowdown.gif

Back