Moto GP of Valencia!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Forgive me if this is already been talked about BUT are we all aware that Yamaha is assigning a premium bike to
Ben Spies as a wild card entrant for the Valencia Gran Prix on November 8th?

I know, I know, nobody jumps on a ride and goes immediately to the front of the pack in Moto GP....right?

I just think this will be so fun to watch ESPECIALLY if his qual times are within 1.5 seconds of poll!

Is anyone else excited?

Also, do we already know Ben's team mate is Colin Edwards on the TECH 3 Team for 2010? I knew he was going Moto GP but not the details until my Laguna Seca newsletter just came! (been busy earning a living and working on motorcycles). Doyle

What's a Yamaha? :laugh:

Just kidding!

It should be interesting. I like to watch when these guys come from Super Bike. Spies is obviously very good.

Forgive me if this is already been talked about BUT are we all aware that Yamaha is assigning a premium bike to
Ben Spies as a wild card entrant for the Valencia Gran Prix on November 8th?

I know, I know, nobody jumps on a ride and goes immediately to the front of the pack in Moto GP....right?

I just think this will be so fun to watch ESPECIALLY if his qual times are within 1.5 seconds of poll!

Is anyone else excited?

Also, do we already know Ben's team mate is Colin Edwards on the TECH 3 Team for 2010? I knew he was going Moto GP but not the details until my Laguna Seca newsletter just came! (been busy earning a living and working on motorcycles). Doyle

Except: TROY BAYLISS as a wildcard replacement in Valencia in 2006 ! Lead from the start and won, followed on the podium by team mate Capparossi.

I can't say I'm excited, but very interested. I understand why Yamaha is moving him there, however I think he should have stayed in Superbike another year. I bet he ends up running just in front of Hayden most of next season.

It might be an advantage for Ben to only have to one race per weekend instead of two. I'll be rooting for him, I'd love to see him regularly mixing it up in the top three.

Spies has made me watch WSBK more this year than Moto GP ... He jumped to the top of his game this year so who's to say it couldnt happen on a GP bike, but Rossi is awesome too.

Like they say " WILDCARD ! " :beerchug:

I can't say I'm excited, but very interested. I understand why Yamaha is moving him there, however I think he should have stayed in Superbike another year. I bet he ends up running just in front of Hayden most of next season.

It might be an advantage for Ben to only have to one race per weekend instead of two. I'll be rooting for him, I'd love to see him regularly mixing it up in the top three.

i thought haydens move to moto gp was a bit premature. dont get me wrong, hayden has probly forgotten more about riding than i will ever know. he won ama superbike championship then went to moto gp. if i remember correctly he won that the same year mladin crashed at the daytona 200 and messed up his wrist. i thought he should have stayed and gotten more ama titles before making the move. and the year he won the moto gp championship seemed to come at yamaha's problems. he seems to have since faded away to the has been club. i do think spies is a better rider than hayden, i just hope moving him from sbk this quick doesnt do to him what it seemed to have done to hayden. both racers deserve props. :beerchug:

Back