Yamaha unveils Ben Spies’ livery for Valencia

MPH 200

Donating Member
Registered
Yamaha unveils Ben Spies’ livery for Valencia
Wednesday, 04 November 2009

The Sterilgarda Yamaha Team have unveiled the special one-off livery for 2009 Superbike Champion Ben Spies.

The Sterilgarda Yamaha Team have unveiled the special one-off livery for 2009 World Superbike Champion Ben Spies ahead of his wildcard ride at the final MotoGP race in Valencia this weekend. Spies will be riding the Yamaha YZR-M1 prior to joining the Tech3 Yamaha Team next Monday to start testing for the 2010 season.

The American rider has achieved astonishing success in his rookie year in World Superbike, bringing the first ever World Superbike Championship victory for Yamaha. Over the 2009 season he scored 14 race wins and 11 pole position starts in the class, becoming the all-time greatest rookie in the process.

“I’m really excited for the opportunity to race at Valencia this weekend,â€￾ said Spies. “I’m fully aware that MotoGP is a big step up from World Superbike and realize it’s not going to be possible to achieve the same results in my first year there. I see this weekend as an opportunity to spend some time on the bike and start learning it for next season, and to have some fun as well!â€￾.

n504802_02_18_preview.jpg

Sick! I can't wait for "Elbows" to bring home a MotoGP Championship next!
Get your popcorn ready Rossi :popcorn::usa: :usa: :usa:

Im sure Spies will do great, but as far a championship the first year is far fetched!

If Ducati keeps a rider off the injured list, it will be a hard year!

Ben In Valencia

I don't know about you folks but I followed WSBK pretty closely this year in large part due to Ben being pretty impressive on the R1.

I have the DVR set for his GP ride. I hope he places even better then his wildcard ride earlier this year.

-Gilman

Im sure Spies will do great, but as far a championship the first year is far fetched!

If Ducati keeps a rider off the injured list, it will be a hard year!

Yeah, no doubt. I don't think anyone is expecting him to bring it home his 1st year. (actually would like to know if ANYONE has accomplished that)
But by the 2nd & 3rd year....I'll definitely place my money on him!

Ben joins the Tech 3 team which is a Satellite team. Rossi and Lorenzo are a factory team.

The Tech 3 team finished behind all the factory teams so they were highest finishing Satellite team. The "other" Texan said that he was pretty happy with that considering it's a satellite team.

How does that work? Differences in support between the two? Does Yamaha still call all the shots on a Satellite team or is there another entity in involved?

Back