2006 moto gp

Well got distracted by going to the Moto GP but let get this thing working again.
Hayden and Rossi are down to the wire, all Hayden needs to do is keep on Rossi tail and he in, easier said than done. If Hayden can when one of the last 2 events he should have it made.

Moto_GP_Japan.jpg

I recently just started watching Moto GP and can tel you I predict it being an addiction. I love the bike mounted camera action shoots. I'm like this
SHOCKED.gif
to my TV screen.

Don't think Hayden got what it takes to claim the title...Rossi performs better under pressure,and now,with only two races left and a 12 point difference,it's not going to be enough for Hayden to keep Rossi of his back.Rossi has shown time and again his true worth,he performs best under pressure and he is under it now!!

I cannot agree .

Hayden seems to be a veteran as compared to last year . He , all season has closed the door on who is behind him on the corner entries " unlike last year " , in races does not ride over his head and get into the corners too hot and just overall rides with the best of them .

He is not on the prefered bike either . He has openly said the bike Pedrosa is on " last years " would be his preference as it's faster and already developed " by Nickey of course " and I know at least four of the last five races the bike has crossed the finish with a gimpy *clutch . So bad that the last race he could not do the drag start when the flag dropped for the go and expect to finish near the top . Kinda a bad situ for #69 IMO .

* Wet clutch dead center of crankcase of prototype V-5 engine and all for what ? They " Honda " are set to race a V-4 next year  
rock.gif

Not to take a way from Rossi as it is obvious he's on a inferior machine as well . He just wins despite of and when he's on the hunt with head down no-one's faster .

A few DNF's not had earlier in season and Rossi would be leading the championship .. Kinda like last year when Sete' had various problems  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

What about that GSV-R ? It is finishing races these days  
biggrin.gif

I think Val is going to take Nicky  
sad.gif
. Nickys races and his placement since the States has been really lacking and if Val hadn't had problems in the first of the year this wouldn't even be an issue. Nicky keeps dropping back and losing valuable points in the 5 to 8 place areas. Whereas Val is placing 1st or 2nd in each race. It was Nickys to lose, and I think for whatever reason he's doing that. Tooooooo Bad of us as Edwards is just another rider plunking along on the same (he said it) bike as Val and placing with the also rans. Kinda
wink.gif
shows where the Yamaha really is  
ghostface.gif

I was reading yesterday that after the Motegi race the top Honda boys had a closed door session all about Nicky’s clutch! Basically told all of their engineers to fix it or find a new line of work! He did not ride his new 800 at all after that and just concentrated on getting things fixed! Honda spent a lot of money on this and they have the deepest pockets in this (or any) sport! This is a tough call because I like them both but I just think it would be awesome to see another American MotoGP champion. KRJR was the last one to beat Rossi fair and square and that was 6 years ago! Rossi had his bad luck early in the year and Nicky is having his now, it all works out. I think all they can do is take their best shot at it now! Carpe Diem! On to Estoril!

What happened with that pass 2 races ago, I heard it was illegal but have not seen anything on that and it gave Rossi points!

Rossi got away with it and didnt get penalized. I guess being 7 time world champ has its advantages.

Estoril & the finale in Valencia should be two can't miss races !

Is it just me or has Loris C. ridden the wheels off the Ducati the last few races ??  He seems to be somewhat forgotten in all of the 'hoopla' with Rossi/Hayden.  One sided victory for him in Germany (GP Brno) & Motegi.
Once he gets a lead, he is very difficult to catch !!!

If I was a betting man, I'd take my chances with Rossi to win another.  Two much experience and thrives under pressure.  CRUCIAL for Hayden to get a good start  & not play 'catch up' off the third row.
lurk.gif

Hayden better come to deliver the last few races or Rossi will chew him up.
Good luck to him.

Looks like Spies will unseat Mlladin for AMA Superbike.
beerchug.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ Sep. 26 2006,16:35) Rossi got away with it and didnt get penalized. I guess being 7 time world champ has its advantages.
The Chumps at FIM wrote Nicky an apology and said "we'll do better next time, Checks in the mail, you can't get pregnant from this" etc! Tragic because I think it will prove pivotal in the end.

i have a love/hate thing for honda...mainly cause they abuse the rules (namely when they came bust'in out with their RC51 for the 25% cc advantage for v-twins....(a rule that was meant to permit ducati to compete)..and the fact that...honda has an endless budget for racing...so while others struggle to make ends meet?...and race what they got?...honda's fatazz checkbook buys the best riders who then get the silver spoon treatmeant for everything and anything their 'lil hearts desire...honda...pfffft...to me?...they are...

"THE WALMARTS OF RACING"

bend'in the rules to their limits and spending a fortune to put the other manufacturers outta business...with yamaha following close suit...and is why i'm such a fan of Kaws and Suzi's....and i loved the days when Eboz was spanking the world and honda's rich spoiled azz on an old antiquated 7RR...and while i don't much care for Matt Mladin? (as a person) i was even happy to see him make Big Red even red'er.
laugh.gif

fug honda...they're dead dependable but...even though they podium via CA$H?...if they win so much?...then how come the bikes they sell to John Q. Public are so damn slooooow?
laugh.gif

JMHO and....L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

I think a Rossi is going to win the next couple of races just his full name is Capirossi! He been ridding very well and if it wasn't for a poor beginning he may be the world champ this year. All Hayden needs to do is come in 4th and that should be easy for him to do. Honda must have figured out the clutch problems by now and if Hayden is smart he will be spending a lot of time just walking and learning those tracks inside and out.

HOLLY CRAP what the hell was Pedrosa thinking are there not team orders in Moto GP. There is one thing to race but to do something like that is totally not acceptable. Nicky has every right to be up in arms it totally cost him the World Championship.
Nicky I feel for you man!
beerchug.gif

Warning!!! Spoilers!!!

Just watched the DVR'd GP Race.

WTF!!!! I HOPE HAYDEN BEATS THE LIVING SH*t OUTTA PEDROSA. Teammates are supposed to protect the points leader, not take him out and lose the championship.

I'm thinking 180 lb Nicky having a wall-to-wall counseling session with that 105 lb leprechan later tonight.
bluegrab.gif

pissed.gif
poke.gif
rant.gif
zzwhip.gif

(Shibumi @ Oct. 15 2006,14:54) I'm thinking 180 lb Nicky having a wall-to-wall counseling session with that 105 lb leprechan later tonight.  
bluegrab.gif

pissed.gif

poke.gif

rant.gif

zzwhip.gif
Nicky is 152lb and Dani is 112
wink.gif

Back